Software Engineer III
At Helpshift, we have 5 Leadership Principles that we integrate into our every day, and use to guide us in our goals. These principles reflect who we are as part Keywords Studios, and to show who we are when we come together, collectively, with other studios to achieve success:
- Power of Partnerships: We collaborate with our clients as an extension of their team. With shared passion and purpose, we proactively support them in bringing their stories to life.
- One Keywords: We believe in a network with efficiency at its core. Combining the strength of a global platform with the agility of local studios creates our superpower.
- Raise the Game: We embrace technology, innovation and our entrepreneurial spirit to help our clients and the industry thrive. Leveraging the sum of our experience brings new value to gaming and beyond.
- Embrace an Open World: We champion diversity of talent and ideas from every corner of our global community. Inclusivity makes us stronger and enables us to deliver world-class entertainment creation to our partners.
Trust through Transparency: We pursue open and honest relationships with our people, clients and communities. Clear and authentic communication is foundational as we create success together.
About the role:
- Work on the Resiliency, Availability and Latency of our Core Platform/ServicesOwn and publish API’s (internal) for the Helpshift ecosystem and enable feature teams to use our Core Platform.
- Seek out difficult impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt") and implement solutions that will enable the entire team to iterate faster.
- Advocate on behalf of team membersDemonstrate patience and use effective explanations when mentoring junior software developers.
- Hire team members and contractors.
- Display strong work ethics. Be a team player with a strong sense of ownership.
- Colloboration with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement software solutions.
- Keep calm and learn everyday.
- Hybrid setup
- Worker's insurance
- Paid Time Offs
- Other employee benefits to be discussed by our Talent Acquisition team in India
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer science, information systems, information technology, or similar.
- 7+ years of experience in software development.
- Quick learner and ready to adopt to any tech stack. Ability to keep up with software industry trends and innovation.
- Experience and knowledge in working with any one of relational or non-relational database or distributed systems.
- Ability to break down complex problems, design solutions and lead end to end delivery of a project.
- Ability to mentor junior software developers, as well as to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Efficiency with code editors like VSCode, IntelliJ, Vim, Emacs.
- Knowledge of functional programming is a plus. (We use Clojure)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of working with a database at scale is desired.
- Nice to have proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics with tools like Graphana, Kibana.