Wizcorp is looking for Technical Artists to work on exciting multiplayer games targeting a variety of consoles and environments. Depending on your background, skills, and experience we’ll find the most suitable role within our teams.
About Wizcorp 🦄🇯🇵🎮
Wizcorp is a highly specialized game development studio based in Tokyo and operates 100% remotely. We are a cross-cultural team of passionate individuals working together toward one goal: bringing back magic to game development.
- We get better every day. Our technical abilities should never limit our ideas.
- We question the status quo. We don't accept yesterday's answers to tomorrow's challenges.
- We follow our moral compass. Our values guide our decisions.
- We surround ourselves with people who believe in our mission. Our staff, clients, and partners are all part of the equation.
- We learn and share. We want our successes and failures to contribute to the collective wisdom of our profession.
Wizcorp offers a friendly and honest working environment. Our work is challenging but rewarding, with countless personal and professional growth opportunities.
Roles and Responsibilities 🎮📆🕹
You will be involved in providing technical support for art production in game development.
- Technology development to improve graphic quality
- Propose and implement technical solutions to improve graphics.
- Propose and implement technologies to improve the work efficiency of artists (designers).
Application process 🈸⚙️😊
① Online selection
We review resumes from all applicants within 2 weeks. If your profile matches our requirements, we will contact you again to schedule the first interview.
We conduct three interviews to assess your character, passions, skills, and interest in what we do. We also take the time to share our vision and values, as we believe you are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We make our final decision within 2 weeks after the final interview and send a detailed offer upon success.
Onboarding process 🈴🗼🌅
We strive to make the onboarding process as smooth and worry-free as possible.
Upon acceptance of our offer, you will receive our working agreement and our rules of employment.
Ideally, we want you to join us within a month, but we can adjust to your current work situation.
On your first day, your manager will introduce you to your team and will set a schedule for reviews over the 6 month probation period. We will give you all the support you need to complete it successfully.
At Wizcorp, we grow together.
Senior staff will support you and provide mentorship. You will also have access to digital learning material, and your manager will help you define a training curriculum based on your career aspirations.
You can learn more about our career philosophy here: https://www.wizcorp.jp/career
📍 Business hours and Location 📍
⏲ Flexibility in time
We all have different creative clocks, and you know yours better than we do.
We will expect you to work 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday with core hours between 11:00 and 16:00 (excluding a 1-hour break). The rest will be up to you.
🌎 Flexibility in location
Wizcorp fully embraces telework, and most of us work from home. Office space is also available for your convenience, and you will have access to meeting rooms and hot desks.
We may require you to work onsite in specific occasions when using highly specialized equipment.
Offices are located at 1 Chome-22-19 Izumi 8~9F, Suginami City, Tokyo 168-0063 (🗺 map)
You must reside in Japan during your employment at Wizcorp. We offer legal support for visa applications. Depending on your situation, we may allow you to work outside of Japan during your probation period.
👷 Employment Type 👷♀️
💴 Salary 💴 The following tiers are currently in application for this position:
- TA1: 400~450K/month (equivalent to 2-3 years of experience)
- TA2: 450~550K/month (equivalent to 4-5 years of experience)
- TA3: 550~600K/month (equivalent to 6-7 years of experience)
All new staff members’ initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6-month probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.
💹 Raises and bonuses 💹
- You will be reviewed once a year and your salary will be adjusted to match with gained experience and project contributions.
- Pay raises are awarded around March each year, in line with our budget and financial forecasting for the subsequent year.
- We do not offer bonuses.
🈷️ Additional benefits 🈷️
- Monthly allowance for home office equipment and supplies (15,000 JPY/month)
- Private language tutoring (Japanese and/or English)
- Commute fees (however, train passes are not reimbursed)
♨️ Holidays and vacations ♨️
- Weekends and national holidays
- Summer/winter vacation: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
- Annual Paid Leave: 10 days per year (first year, following the probation period)
- Bereavement/funeral leave
- Sick leave: 5 days per year (paid, applicable after the probation period)
🤝 Welfare 🤝
- Social insurance
- Parental leave (learn more here)
Experience & Requirements
- 3 or more years of practical experience in the fields of programming, art, and tool development, not just game development, and have a wealth of technical experience.
- Experience in C++ and C#
- Experience in asset/ VFX optimization
- Experience in work related to graphic production using scripts on game middleware such as Unreal Engine and/or custom engines.
- Those who have experience in creating art using DCC scripts or have improved the efficiency of art production
- English proficiency (ability to read, write, and discuss technical matters)
- Conversational Japanese proficiency or above
👍 Welcome conditions 👍
- Those who have experience creating art using VEX or Python on Houdini, or who have streamlined art production