Climax Studios was founded over 30 years ago and we have a state-of-the-art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth, overlooking the Harbour. We have an extensive history in developing all kinds of AAA games across all formats, through to co-development and technological problem solving and we’ve won many awards along the way. Our recent projects include Crackdown 3 and the BAFTA award winning Returnal.
The HR Manager will work in partnership with the Studio Head, Regional HR Director UK & Ireland and the HR team to effectively develop and maintain capability and achieve high standards in all people related polices and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing the HR Function in the studio and align Keywords HR team.
- Support and monitor the team to ensure studio ER issues (sickness, performance, timekeeping/attendance, conflict management, conduct, holidays etc.) are managed appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Coaching and supporting the HR Administrator.
- Coaching and supporting Managers on complex Employee Relation matters.
- Working with managers to identify development needs for their teams and mentor/coach managers to identify appropriate solutions including training, performance reviews etc.
- Support the Studio Head and the Regional HR Director UK & Ireland in the annual budgeting process.
- Partner with Studio Head and the Regional HR Director UK & Ireland to build awareness of company policies and processes.
- Driving high standards of people and business performance through performance management, succession and manpower planning (assisting Department Heads), talent management (working with Talent Acquisition Manager to ensure planned talent attraction and retention).
- Advise on required interventions to manage underperforming areas.
- Working closely with the Operations team to enhance studio culture, plus ensure studio best practices and processes are upheld.
- Maintain HR Policies and Handbooks and update them in line with legislative changes, in line with the Studio and Group strategy.
- Provide technical advice and knowledge within the human resources discipline in the studio.
- Act as a HR Business Partner for the studio.
- Prepare requested reports and analyses.
- Working closely with Keyword Studios local and global HR Teams.
- Supporting HR strategy for the senior leadership team and the studio in line with Keywords Studios’ direction.
- Manage the annual and interim performance review processes and make sure timelines are met and employee development in line with policy.
- Support with Visa allocations and Visa application process with the Home Office for new employees coming from abroad.
Skills and Experience Required
- A degree in related discipline or CIPD is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6 - 7 years of work experience in a Human Resources Specialist or Manager role.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven experience of working with and influencing middle and senior management with the ability to build rapport across all levels.
- Excellent knowledge of UK ER.
- Good management and team working skills.
- Initiative and responsibility: willingness to act pro-actively by identifying opportunities and anticipate changes.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to manage competing demands.
- An eye for detail and the ability to manage your own time and workload.
- A good knowledge of Employment Law.
- Experience in managing and developing a HR team.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical capability; experience of creation and analysis of HR metrics to find root causes and drive appropriate solutions.
Keywords Studios is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavor to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Keywords Studios is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy https://www.keywordsstudios.com/en/applicant-privacy-notice/.