Snowed In Studios, a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada, is seeking experienced Game Engine & Systems Programmers to join our team. As part of Keywords Studios' Create service line, we provide support to a diverse range of games, working with some of the most prestigious household names in gaming. At Snowed In Studios, we prioritize employee satisfaction and understand that a happy team is a productive team.
As a “Snowmie” programmer, you'll use your expertise in C++ / C# to help our client studios bring their games to life. You'll collaborate with other skilled programmers and multi-disciplinary teams to implement and optimize game features.
We value passion for games, insatiable curiosity, and versatility. As such, you'll have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects and across all aspects of game development. In return, you'll be part of a creative and supportive team environment, with the ability to have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Write clear, maintainable, highly functional code and portable C++ code
- Support and maintain existing systems
- Designing, implementing, and debugging game features
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Analyzing and optimizing runtimes
- Collaborating on systems and tools to help designers implement their creative vision
- Building a solid relationship with your programming peers in-house and around the world
- Supporting your team mates to accomplish goals
What you’ll bring to the table:
- 4+ years game industry C++ development programming experience with at least 3+ years of engine experience
- Very strong C++ design and coding experience with strong understanding of the fundamentals
- Experience in building multithreaded, real-time systems
- Experience writing systems balancing performance and maintainability
- Emphasizes a deeper understanding of what the code is doing, not just that it works
- Experience profiling and optimizing both CPU and GPU utilization
- Experience working in large codebases
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Comfortable with vector and matrix math and good with algorithms
- Understands various design patterns and their benefits/draw backs
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience with console development (PS4, Xbox One, etc.)
- Experience with animation, 3D graphics, audio, AI, or gameplay programming
- Experience working professionally with Unreal
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
What’s in it for you?
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere and a variety of work
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out of country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous leave policies including 4 weeks paid vacation (plus 1 week over the Holiday Season), unlimited sick leave and 2 paid personal days. We also provide parental leave top-up and an Employee and Family Assistance Plan that offer 24/7 free and confidential help with your physical and mental health.
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Financial assistance with relocation to Ottawa, ON
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience and an amazing culture – we have board game nights, movie, nights, arcade tournaments, and more to help blow off steam and hang out together.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
- A way-cool hoodie!
- Primary Working Language: English
- Salary Range: $65,000 to $110,000
Snowed In Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.