The Spanish Linguist position will be based at our HQ in Dublin, Ireland. You will join a team of 300+ highly dedicated professionals providing world class language services and testing to the video games industry internationally. Based at our HQ in Dublin, this position is to be part of a team focusing on localizing a world-renowned MOBA game. Their main task is to control all content produced by our client in their language, and assure a high quality standard.
- Review translations in Spanish to assure consistency and quality.
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with Spanish vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Provide detailed language quality reports on text reviewed.
- Translate content from English into Spanish with high quality standards.
- Set the creative vision for your language.
- Work closely with Spanish in-house members to ensure translations meet the standards.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines for your language
- Native level of Spanish.
- Linguistics background:
- Experience as either freelance or in-house translator from English to Spanish is a must.
- Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable.
- A gamer:
- Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing RPG, MMO, MOBA games.
- League of Legends player – Level 10 or higher.
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Spanish and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.