The Localisation Team Manager role is to manage the Localisation team based in Keywords Barcelona. The team comprises of both Linguists and Project Managers. The role is to recruit, develop and manage the team on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have a background in Games Localisation and experience leading teams.
- Recruit, Manage, monitor, develop and motivate the team
- Set goals for all team members
- Give regular performance feedback.
- Provide leadership and mentoring, manage performance/personnel issues within team.
- Build good working relationships with all team members.
- Manage holiday planning. Ensure backups are in place for each team member. Record holiday allocations and ensure team takes allocated annual holidays.
- Work with Loc management to ensure team is resourced to meet project requirements
- Work with HR to plan training based on development and performance needs
- Ownership of account management aspects of nominated clients
- Ownership of cross group initiatives assigned by loc management
- Manage office maintenance and office supplies
- Give support to other service line personnel based in Barcelona on office logistics.
- Work with Project managers, loc engineering & resource management to determine workflow and best processes to follow in order to maximize productivity and minimize costs.
- Identify opportunities and spearhead initiatives to continuously improve service and project processes
- Ensure Keywords QA processes are followed and QA standards & targets met.
- Manage Team costs, approve team expenses.
- Monitor profit margin on projects managed in Barcelona. Take action when margins are below target, work with PMs & Loc management to address
- Take responsibility for personal learning and training needs
Who you are:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Loc
- Experience managing people and teams a prerequisite
- Must be motivated and a team player
- Strong leadership competency
- Excellent English both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Passion for the video game industry