Established in 1998 and working in over 70 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Seattle, Montreal, Rome and many more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The Human Resources Technician will be required to enter a large amount of data and provide administrative support to other members of the Human Resources team in addition to the Regional HR Director. He will also be able to deal with HR issues, problems and communication with employees, management employees and external contacts. These responsibilities are subject to change during periods of absence of colleagues or change in workflow.
- Responsible for all administrative functions related to HR activities within the Keywords Studios Montreal offices;
- Hold HR Reception (greet employees, answer the phone, redirect calls, manage the general mailbox);
- Act as an intermediary between employees and their respective advisers by relegating requests to the right resource;
- Create employee profiles on the various HR systems and update all information contained in Keywords Studios Montreal HR and payroll systems, such as employee files (including personal information and job history / salaries) for new staff and staff already in place. Transfer of files to other systems when needed;
- Write various documents and letters of reference for employees;
- Assist HR advisers when new employees arrive, including documentation and hospitality;
- Assist HR advisers in preparing welcome packages for new employees;
- Manage employee departures by providing the necessary information to the parties involved;
- Translate various documents as needed;
- Other administrative functions as needed, such as filing;
- Travel weekly between Keywords’ offices (within Montreal) to provide support to various advisers;
- As needed, support large-scale initiatives, key objectives and project-based work, particularly during the absence of another HR adviser or the HR Director.
Any other duties related to the position and any changes to duties may be required without altering the general nature of the duties described above.
Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge
- Have a minimum of one year completed in a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Relations / Human Resources, or Administration (Human Resources Profile), or a related discipline or other combination of study and experience deemed relevant;
- Experience in a Human Resources department is an asset;
- Excellent administrative, organizational and data entry skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of management, employees, external contacts and colleagues;
- Great discretion is essential; the candidate will have to deal with sensitive information with tact and professionalism;
- Good understanding of privacy and the protection of personal information;
- Experience in performing tasks simultaneously in a busy environment, with ability to adapt to the flow of priorities;
- Ability to work effectively and consistently under pressure;
- Team work ability;
- Good stress management;
- Have the desire to offer an effective customer service;
- Computer skills, especially the MS Office suite;
- Bilingualism (French / English) is essential.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.