*PLEASE NOTE BEFORE APPLYING*
This is a 1-year contract position (convertible to perm) based in Keywords Singapore Studio.
- Translate, review and proofread texts from Chinese to Japanese.
- Work closely with other linguists, Project Managers and the Translation team to ensure high standards of linguistic quality in all projects.
- Create and continually improve glossaries, manage terminologies, create guidelines for the targeted language and perform Quality Assurance tasks.
- Responsible for delivering the best possible quality translations to Keywords customers
- Provide support and leadership to junior members of the team to achieve the department objectives and goals.
- Suggest process improvements that will help achieve the goal of optimal translation quality.
- Collaborate with linguists in other languages on cross group objectives.
- Support Vendor Management on reviewing test translations.
- Educational qualification in translation, linguistics or related field desirable.
- At least 2 years experience in Translation/Localisation (preferably in the video games or interactive entertainment industry), and/or extensive experience in language, literature, linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
- Passionate for the interactive entertainment space and close familiarity with the games industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese, Japanese and English due to communication and documentation work in specified languages.
Interested candidates, kindly include following details in your resume:
- Where you heard about this vacancy
- Last/Current Drawn, Expected Salary
- Earliest Availability
- Games you frequent, indicating the language interface and platform of each game
- Supporting information/documents that may aid in your application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and linguistics test.