Contract Length: 12 months, extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
A renowned game studio is looking for an early in career Character Technical Artist to join the team. A Jr. Character Technical Artist develops tools/frameworks/workflows, solves technical production issues, and creates believable deformations on characters.
- Collaborate with engineering, design, and art to achieve project goals.
- Become an expert in workflows and pipelines, identifying simplifications and improvements, and contribute to achieve those improvements.
- Demonstrates, communicates, and exemplifies quality of work, productivity, and professionalism to the team.
- Develop tools, scripts, plugins to streamline processes.
- Review team code to ensure high-quality development.
- Excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance and collaboration.
- Identify lacking areas and contribute to documentation and tutorials.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- Degree in Computer Science, Commercial Art, or related fields.
- Knowledge in Python and MEL.
- Knowledge of Maya for animation and rigging.
- Knowledge of Animation principles and Kinematics.
- Solid foundation in human anatomy and mechanical principles.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Work well under deadlines and multi-tasks. Is self-motivated and self-reliant.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits