Keywords Studios Overview
The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go-to” provider of technical services.
By working as their external development partner, we enable leading content creators and publishers to leverage our expertise and capacity across the lifecycle of interactive content. In so doing we enable our clients who are operating in complex and fast moving environments to remain lean and agile, and to focus on creating and monetising the most engaging experiences.
We are trusted and relied upon by many of the world’s leading video game companies to work alongside them during concept, development and live operations by leveraging the breadth and depth of our industry leading service lines every step of the way.
Riot Games Overview
Riot Games was founded in 2006 to develop, publish and support the most player-focused games in the world. In 2009, they released their debut title, League of Legends, to worldwide acclaim. League has gone on to be the most-played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports.
-PLEASE APPLY ONLY IF YOU MEET THE JOB REQUIREMENTS-
-PLEASE READ THE FULL DESCRIPTION-
If you are looking for a freelance position, please check our page again soon.
Come join our Riot Games internal team!
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements will be asked to fill up a couple of other documents and to do a translation test that will be reviewed by our translation leads. After successful completion of the validation process and interview they will be ready to work with us.
As a language expert, you will join a well-established team of Loc PMs and linguists striving to achieve high-quality standards and constantly delivering world-class language services to the video games industry within a dynamic work environment. This is a unique and exciting opportunity to be part of a team focusing on in-game, marketing, esports and community content for a world-renowned games publisher.
This is a fully remote position, but visits to the client might be required from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review translations in Brazilian Portuguese to ensure consistency and quality.
- Translate content from English into with Brazilian Portuguese with high quality standards.
- Set the creative vision for your language.
- Work closely with Brazilian Portuguese in-house members to ensure translations meet the standards.
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used.
- Give feedback and collaborate effectively with Brazilian Portuguese vendors (freelance translators, recording studios, etc.).
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Fix linguistic bugs reported by the testing team.
- Improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines for your language.
- Assess amount of workload to ensure timely task deliveries.
- Native level of Brazilian Portuguese.
- Experience as either freelance or in-house reviewer from English to Portuguese.
- Educational qualification in linguistics. Degree level desirable.
- Passion for the video game industry. Solid experience playing text-heavy genres (RPGs, MOBAs, RTS, TCG, Visual Novels) desirable.
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Enthusiastic about investing time and research into unfamiliar genres as necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both in Portuguese and English.
- Must be self-motivated and able to operate in a dynamic and fast-paced gaming environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Computer skills (experience with translation tools and TM/Terminology management)
Our employees are our most valuable resource, therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.