Established in 1998 and working in over 70 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast growing plc. listed on the London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to the Video games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in Dublin, Tokyo, Singapore, Seattle, Montreal, Rome and many more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
Delivering projects successfully within budget, timeframe and quality scopes.
Developing and managing successful relationships with Keywords Studios clients.
Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training FQA Test Leads.
Planning, applying and adapting project test strategies with the support of the FQA Test Leads.
Scope of Role
The job entails managing projects comprising one or more service lines. Execution of these projects may take place in any of Keywords Studios’s production facilities, and the customer may be located in Asia, Europe or North America. The Project Manager coordinates internal delivery between all of the relevant departments and assumes responsibility for project budget control, financial reporting and scheduling.
The Project Manager is responsible, along with the other FQA PMs, of the professional development of the FQA test leads.
The key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences or workload fluctuations, and support to management as required.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
- Proactively solve project issues with the Test Lead and FQA Manager, before they impact the project.
- Manage multiple projects, mainly related to Functionality & Certification QA, but also other services as needed.
- Provide relevant and thorough briefings to project teams and vendors.
- Track project progress in conjunction with project teams and vendors.
- Implement any process changes/improvements accordingly.
- Hold regular status meetings with project team.
- Plan, apply and adapt project test strategies with the support of the FQA Test Leads.
- Manage, lead and motivate test leads.
- Interact with Test Leads face-to-face daily.
Training & Coaching
- Along with the other FQA PMs, take charge of the professional development of the FQA test leads.
- Mentor and train new FQA Project Managers.
- Provide weekly positive and constructive performance feedback to Leads.
- Provide both positive recognition and warnings appropriately.
- Provide quarterly evaluation feedback to Test Leads, or more frequently as needed.
- Help identify areas where training material may need revision.
- Mentor and support any other assigned employees.
- Develop and foster lasting relationships with client personnel.
- Manage and lead client interactions and meetings.
- Responsible for client account management.
- Participate in and lead proposal efforts where necessary, including completing project scoping.
- Set and manage client expectations appropriately.
- Be able to find solutions to client requests when possible.
- Be able to decline client requests in an appropriate manner when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Cross-sell services to clients when possible and appropriate.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Track and manage project budgets.
- Initiate, manage and deliver post project reviews.
- Ensure timely and accurate billing.
- Analyze project profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and realization.
- Manage resources planning and scheduling in partnership with the Production Support department.
- Report project statuses and information to management team on a regular basis.
- Communicate employee warnings and actions taken to Human Resources.
- Review the projects’ variances and issues with the Leads and manage their resolution in a timely fashion.
- Track project progress in conjunction with project teams and vendors.
- Primary point of contact for internal queries raised by the Leads.
- Resolve conflicts/issues and escalate to others as appropriate, including IT related issues and help tickets.
- Unless within training or coaching measures or in critical delivery situations, the Project Manager should not perform any tasks normally handled by a Lead, Senior or Tester.
- In addition to the above, the employee is expected to complete any other tasks deemed necessary.
Here is an example of an average week. Please note that time allocation can change based on workload or the type of projects:
Active Supervision 25%, Training/Coaching 10%, Client Management 25%, Administration 25%, Passive Supervision 15%, Manual work 0%
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Understanding of a project cycle and a games’ development process.
- Understanding of Functionality QA and Compliance testing processes.
- Understanding of the 1st party submission requirements and certification process.
- Understanding of a bug’s life cycle and workflow within a defect tracking database.
- Understanding of QA Strategy and QA Plan building.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills and decision making abilities.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Agile and flexible to change.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Results driven and able to lead a team to success.
- Encourages others to keep a high standard of accuracy and leads by example.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Understands and is able to meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, innovative and analytical with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Client-facing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare and control a work schedule and deliver to budget.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze difficult and politically sensitive problems, and recommend and implement effective solutions.
- Relevant experience in a Project Management or similar role in the Video Games or related industry.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an Account Management or sales-oriented role.
- Formal Project Management techniques or training.
- IT literate.
- Bilingual – French and English.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, agile tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel.
- Experience working within MS Office in general.
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.