Senior QA Engineer / Software Development Engineer in Test
6 Month Contract, possible extension
We are Keywords Studios. The video games industry represents the pinnacle of interactive digital content. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
This is a Work From Home, Remote Position from anywhere in Canada.
- Technical leadership of a quality team to design, build, deploy and maintain an easy to use, high quality testing apparatus, including both unit and automated integration tests, all powered by a CI/CD system, to enable the rapid development of high quality applications.
- Improve the quality of our products by executing improvements to the team’s development environment, workflow, pipelines, and overall quality culture.
- Breakdown problems using deliberate planning, task estimation and effective time management. Review plans, estimates, and code of other engineers.
- Work closely with quality developers, quality analysts and the devops team to analyze code and bugs to determine their source and create improvements and tests to ensure the bug does not reoccur.
- Build automation frameworks to drive the validation of Unity-based applications, across desktop, mobile and web, and Cloud-based services.
- Research and leverage existing quality tooling provided through Unity frameworks, extending with custom solutions where needed to meet project specific testing requirements.
- Professional experience building automated or unit tests including knowledge of one or more automated testing systems, off-the-shelf or custom.
- Professional experience creating, building and setting up automation frameworks and testing apparatus.
- Comfortable building tools using a variety of programming languages, passion for driving quality via both deliverable solutions, as well as championing of high standards in code design and implementation.
- Ability to find creative solutions to difficult problems while adhering to mature software development practices such as code reviews, readable code and reusable code.
- Ability to work with Unity based applications and web based technologies such as React, Spring and RESTful APIs.
- Strong communication skills, both in person and via digital means with the ability to work in a team environment, guiding and mentoring a team of quality developers.
- Experience working with or developing testing or CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins.
- Experience developing automated testing for Unity based applications.
- Development experience with C# or Unity.
- Experience in a quality engineering, quality design or quality analyst role.
- Experience developing automated testing using a device farm or device cloud.
- Experience doing load testing for games or web based services.
- Experience in DevOps or Securities
- Experience with and knowledge of SCADA protocols and general Data platforms.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
At Keywords Studios we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Competitive hourly rate - starting from $50CAD per hour
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)