- Managing, leading, motivating, coaching and training FQA test teams.
- Planning, creating and executing project test strategies with the Lead.
- Planning, creating and executing project test plan & cases.
- Proactively solving project issues with the test teams and Lead.
- Stepping in as an Associate Lead, to cover for the primary Lead, whenever necessary.
The main task for the Senior Tester is to support the Leads in their management of the teams and projects and would be involved in the below listed task to achieve the same..
Bug and Edits Management:
- Proactively assists the testing team on their bug and edit entry.
- Should have a good knowledge of bug database management.
- Should have the ability to help with the vetting of edits and/or bugs.
- Should have the ability to assist the team complete administrative tasks with support from management team.
- Provides support to the testing team.
- Prioritizes their own tasks efficiently.
QA Planning and Strategy:
- Should have the ability to assist the management team with creating test plans and strategy.
Tool & Technical Specialization:
- Proactively enters help-desk tickets to have appropriate issues resolved. Always includes supervisor(s) in CC on Help-desk tickets.
- Should be aware of and recognizes most management tools used.
- Keeps Leads/ PM informed of all updates, concerns and delays on the project in a proactive manner. Delivers written and verbal instructions to the team in a clear and understandable format/manner.
- Should be able to provide task related feedback to the team members.
- Should be able to have supervised interactions with the client, as needed.
- Promotes professional behavior and attitude amongst team members
- Should be able to manage pressure regarding project deliveries and schedule.
- Should be able to interact with clients in a professionally
- Identifies challenges areas within the team and works towards finding solutions.
- Helps maintain a positive atmosphere within the team.
- Acts as a mentor to the team by providing regular on the job feedback, resolving queries, and supporting performance improvements.
- Provides inputs to the Associate Lead/ Lead on the strengths and improvement areas of the team members.
- Understanding of a bug’s life cycle and workflow within a defect tracking database.
- Understanding of functionality QA and Certification testing processes.
- Strong knowledge of the title being tested.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Accountable and responsible.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Skillful in conflict management and giving of constructive feedback.
- Honest & open communication, speaks up in meetings, shares opinions.
- Should have relevant IT skills in order to work with different software and hardware required for projects.
- Experienced with all next gen and current gen console hardware and software.
- Experienced with mobile and PC hardware and software.
- Familiarity with defect tracking tools, workflows, test case management tools, and project tools, such as JIRA, Confluence, Spira, TestTrack, DevTrack, and DevTest etc.
- Experienced with platform specific Testing Tools (Steam, LanForge, Xbox Manager, PS Publishing tools, Xbox GUI).
- Experience with video capture and hardware and software.
- 3 to 5+ years of experience in mobile, console, PC game testing
- Qualified B.Tech / B.E. / Any Graduation (only if a gamer).
- Testing Course / ISTQB would be added advantage.
- Free Cab Facility within Hiring Zones
- Mediclaim cover for Self & Family
- Night Allowance for employees working in Shift after 5pm (IST)
- Lunch / Dinner provided at subsidized rates.