Work Location: Work From Home, Remote
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Keywords Studios is looking to hire a Sound Designer to work as part of a car audio team.
A Sound Designer will work as part of the creative team responsible for crafting interactive audio experiences. Working closely with both internal and external audio team members, this person will play a key role in helping develop cutting edge interactive audio experiences. The ideal candidate brings some knowledge of constructing interactive audio in commercially available middleware and has a passion for working in the video games industry. This role involves combining an understanding of sound design, middleware integration, audio signal flow, creative problem solving and execution in a team-centric environment.
- Sound design of game ready assets to a creative brief.
- Integration of game ready assets using middleware and custom audio tools.
- Tuning of in-game parameters, DSP and delivering assets to creative and technical specifications.
- Balance quality with efficiency while managing timely deliveries in a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to take direction and incorporate feedback.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 1+ years of experience in interactive audio creation for videogames (bonus points for racing game experience), either as a student or at a studio
- Experience using industry standard middleware: Fmod or Wwise
- Experience of interactive audio integration into middleware.
- Experience of processing sounds into game ready content using a DAW.
- Cultivated aesthetic sense and keen ear for detail.
- Strong understanding of audio signal flow, DSP and terminology.
- Self-motivated team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills.
- Working experience of audio integration into game engines.
- Familiarity with working in development builds.
- Ability to quickly learn new/proprietary software.
Nice-to-have Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in film/games or related field.
- Creative and technical skills in interactive game audio production using Fmod Studio.
- Automotive enthusiast with a passion for racing games.
- Understanding and knowledge of market trends and best practices.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits