We are looking for a person who is passionate about 3D art, the ‘big picture’ of art direction, and knows how to extrapolate on creative direction notes to keep asset production ‘on look’ and cohesive. The candidate will be comfortable moving from style to style and identifying the key stylistic characteristics across a variety of projects. They will also be comfortable with the language of art direction and can confidently give feedback as well as ask the right questions of the team or the client.
As Art Director, they have possibilities working with multiple studios and getting to know the latest gaming production procedures. We work together to get anything done within a clients’ pipeline to fulfil any request from start to finish. Hopefully they can not only collaborate with teams from all over the world but also can build trust within teams.
Duties and Responsibbilities
- Understand client’s requirements and artistic style of various projects. Provide art guidance for Chinese production team
- Collaborate with different 3D Art teams, coordinate resources and projects between multiple internal Chinese and external teams and studios.
- Gather references, produce sketches, storyboards, roughs to visualize ideas for production team
- Documentation support for creative direction and best practices, support on translating the finer points of artistic direction between the client and our internal teams
- Reach out to team leads and PM to understand their art needs, troubleshoot design or process problem as they arise
- Establish pipelines and introduce new/alternative tools to make production more effective and efficient
- Comfortable with and effective at speaking directly with client teams and art directors to discuss artistic direction and feedback
- Passionate about games, proven 3+ years art leadership working experience as in either the game industry or related entertainment industry
- Bachelor’s degree in fine art, graphic design, or similar credentials educational background
- Excellent Chinese and English (written and verbal) skills
- A working understanding of leading industry 3D software such as Maya, Max, Substance and 2D software Photoshop
- Excellent communication skills, with an understanding for the value of listening to as well as providing feedback, confidence to ask the right questions
- Strong creative vision with an understanding of business objectives
- Team Player, quick learner and self-motivated
- Able to work independently and flexibility to accommodate different time zones
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Fun working environment
- Working with the biggest names in the gaming industry