Work Location: Onsite at Redmond, WA (No WFH)
Work Hours: Monday - Friday, 9 am - 5 pm
Keywords Studios is looking to hire a Technical Mocap Animator to join our team working to support the motion capture of a AAA Sci-Fi game.
As a Technical Mocap Animator, you will help run our mocap shoots, and ensure all data is quickly solved and delivered to our animation team to support their needs during production. We are looking for individuals that have a high attention to detail, have experience working on a motion capture stage, and understand how to efficiently organize, track, and deliver motion capture data.
- Build sets on mocap stage for upcoming motion capture shoots.
- Help manage the operation and technical maintenance of our motion capture stage.
- Work with the motion capture team on shoot days to fill various roles such as running the board, note taking, marker setup, camera operation, facial setup, real-time, and hardware troubleshooting.
- Track and organize large amounts of data, ensure it is properly solved, and ensure a smooth delivery to animators.
- Setup live retargeting solutions for a variety of character types.
- Ensure animation quality is not limited by technical processes or constraints.
- Act as a service for our animation team to support them during production.
- As a bonus, and where applicable, write scalable tools to automate common processes.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians
- 3+ years’ experience with optical motion capture systems or software such as Motive, Cortex, or Shogun
- Solid understanding of Maya and MotionBuilder
- Experience with data capture and delivery.
- Experience with real-time setup and support.
- Python and PyQT skills demonstrating tools and pipeline development.
- FaceWare or similar HMC experience Peelsolve, HIK, Ikinema or similar solving experience.
- Shipped AAA title as part of a mocap or technical animation team.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits