Are you looking for a fast-paced environment in the video game industry and new challenges to embrace? If you are the type of person who takes ownership of your craft and wants to make an impact, then Snowed In Studios has the perfect opportunity for you. We are looking for a passionate, curious, and a versatile Talent Acquisition Specialist who will bring visibility to the studio and will have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games. Currently sitting around 100, we have big plans in the coming years to grow and become a staple not just in Ottawa, but globally within the games industry. If this sounds like a challenge you’d like to join, read on!
Some of the stuff you’ll be doing:
- Strategize different ways to build talent pipelines and execute on tactical research, referral generation, events, and sourcing campaigns.
- Regularly track pipeline, priorities, and performance data to share with internal stakeholders.
- Find, engage, and activate passive candidates.
- Seek out new opportunities to promote available positions.
- Deliver presentations at events to engage potential candidates.
- Working not just on the talent acquisition needs of Snowed In Studios, but also other Keywords studios throughout North America.
- Screen resumes and interview candidates to determine fit.
Cool people we’re looking for:
- Possess a keen interest in understanding the skills used at the studio to better understand what to look for in potential candidates.
- Excited to meet new people.
- Experience working with tools used in recruiting, including resume databases and internet sourcing tools.
- Sharp interview skills with ability to screen for both technical and cultural fit.
- Solid tech and industry knowledge with the ability to understand relevant target companies, conferences, and open-source communities.
- A genuine team player who can reach objectives individually, as well as through close collaboration and coordination with other team members.
- A constant desire for matching the right role with the right talent.
- Passionate for innovative HR recruitment solutions and process improvements.
- Open and honest approach to challenges with a high level of integrity.
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- At least 6 years work experience in the IT industry with a search firm, or in-house recruiting team.
Major plus for your XP in the following areas:
- Bilingual in both English and French
- Experience with the gaming industry.
- An existing network of game industry professionals
- An understanding of the many roles within a game development company
- Experience of recruiting internationally.
If this sounds like you, here’s what we offer:
- The chance to work in triple-A, in a no-crunch modern studio with a relaxed atmosphere, competitive benefits and generous time off.
- Ottawa! Low cost of living, five universities, and year-round sporting and cultural activities in a dynamic city with a thriving music scene.
- A dynamic and supportive team environment with a range of experience.
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to.
- A sweet hoodie!
Office Location: 981 Wellington Street West, Ottawa Ontario Canada
Primary working language: English
Salary Range: $70,000 to $80,000
Snowed in Studios is a game development studio based in Ottawa, Canada. As part of Keywords Studios’ engineering service line, we provide programming support to some of the most important and exciting games being made today. You will have the chance to make a global impact, working in a studio known for shipping some of the most prestigious household names in gaming.
At Snowed In Studios, we pride ourselves on delivering high-quality solutions to difficult problems. Excellence in engineering is at the heart of who we are, what we offer and what sets us apart. This core part of our identity is what drives our repeat business and growth through reputation.
Employee satisfaction is at the top of our priority list. We understand that you work your best when you are happy.
We are looking for an experienced recruiter who can fit into our culture. Are you a perfect fit? Let us know – we can’t wait to meet you.