We are Snowed In Studios, and we have a bold vision to build a games industry hub in the National Capital Region. Part of the global Keywords Studios family, Snowed In Studios has been making games in Ottawa for ten years, and we’re looking for smart, experienced and exceptional entertainment professionals that want to help turn that vision into reality.
The Network Administrator is responsible of network devices and ensures their proper functioning while giving ideas on improving our current infrastructure. The main projects will focus on implementation, managing security and manage all software and hardware upgrades.
Responsibilities and Main Tasks
- Design, configure, install, and proactively maintain network devices to ensure optimal performance;
- Identify opportunities to continuously improve service levels and technical environment/infrastructure;
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and strategies to support business objectives and priorities;
- Manage security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems;
- Collaborate/communicate daily with IT staff members to ensure seamless IT operations;
- Arrange and perform network software and hardware upgrades;
- Comprehensive analysis and reporting of statistical data;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Related post-secondary education;
- Must have 5+ years practical experience in a similar role;
- Responsible, quick learning, motivated, hard-working and proactive personality;
- Strong networking skills configuring TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, Internet technologies, firewalls, VPN, and IPSec;
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and instruction;
- Proven experience configuring Cisco network switches, routers and Palo Alto firewalls;
- Solid knowledge of routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, EIGRP);
- Strong experience working with Cisco Meraki (asset);
- CCNA certification Security clearance through Canadian Government or eligibility to obtain (asset).