HEAD OF PRODUCTION
d3t is at the cutting edge of technology, delivering work-for-hire video game development services to our triple-A clients. As a successful and growing business based in Daresbury, Cheshire, we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun, inclusive and supportive working environment.
In our 10th successful year and part of the global Keywords Studio Group we are a 100+ person studio continuing to expand and deliver exciting projects. Our talented team are key to success and we have a new and exciting opportunity for a Head of Production to join the Senior Management Team. Our long-term goal is to make d3t globally recognised as a leader in game production professionalism, people and process. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz
Projects we are proud to have worked on in the past have included Mafia II Definitive Edition, Burnout Paradise Remastered, The Witcher III plus many more we can’t yet talk about. We continue to work on a variety of creative projects with world class studios.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This is a new role and will be a key decision-making role within the studio
- Overall responsibility for managing and growing the production department at d3t
- Work with the production team to define and establish clear and consistent processes to monitor, support and report on our varied portfolio of projects
- Line manage, mentor, motivate and expand a team of capable project managers and producers through both career development and recruitment
- Champion the Production team as project leaders
- Collaborate with other department heads to build effective and creative development teams
- Develop strong and trusting relationships with both clients and suppliers
- Strive towards excellence in game production people and process across all game disciplines
- Ensure d3t is globally recognised as a leader in game production professionalism, people and process
- The role can be split between studio and working from home. It will require regular work based in the studio based in Daresbury, Cheshire.
- Long-term experience within the games industry
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working in video games production and/or project management
- Hands-on AAA game production experience
- Produced and delivered a number of high-profile projects
- Previous involvement in a studio that has been through growth/scaling
- Experience with a wide range of production tools, processes and methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with Jira and Confluence (useful but not essential)
- Experience with recruitment, line management and mentoring
- Confident and able to communicate collaboratively at all levels internally and externally
- A positive, can-do attitude with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- A passion for games and game development
- Able to demonstrate a sense of reliability and responsibility
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
- An open-minded approach
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
BENEFITS & PERKS – just some of the many offered by d3t
- 22 days holiday (+ 3 extra at Christmas + bank holidays)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Private Medical Insurance Scheme
- Anti-crunch ethos - an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment!
- Income Protection
- Annual Bonus – be rewarded for great teamwork!
- Free Parking
- Monthly Fitness Sessions
- Complimentary Refreshments – an extensive range to suit all dietary preferences
- Branded Merchandise
- Company Socials, Project Launch/Wrap Parties + Annual d3t Events
- Breakout Areas – filled with perks such as games, snacks etc.
- Assistance and support with re-location to the area
Please note we are actively hiring through the Covid-19 pandemic. We currently have the d3t team split between the studio and working remotely from home. Once it is safe to do so, we will be returning to the studio. Please note that this position will be studio based in Daresbury, Cheshire with some flexibility for continued working from home.