Marching Cube was founded by a team that has created games together since 2005. Formerly known as Red Fly Studio and then GamingCorps Austin, the Marching Cube team has over a decade’s experience working together on both original IP and licensed brands. We have worked extensively in Unreal, Unity, and other engines on Xbox One, PS4, Switch, Xbox 360, PS3, PC, Wii and mobile.
Marching Cube is part of Keywords Studios, a family of over 50 studios in 21 different countries, providing game development services to top games companies worldwide. At Keywords, we are using our passion for games, technology and media to create a global services platform for video games and beyond. We aim to become the “go to” provider of technical services.
We are currently looking to add experienced Unity Programmers to our rapidly growing team to work on an exciting new project! As a programmer here at Marching Cube, you will use your awesome skills in Unity and C# to help our client studios to bring their games to realization. As a seasoned pro, you may also be asked to take the technical lead on some projects, as well as help us grow and develop our junior programmers.
This position will begin as a remote position, but once COVID restrictions are lifted, it will transition to being completely on-Site in the Austin, Texas studio.
Some of cool stuff you'll be doing:
- Working closely with client studios to bring their games to realization
- Implement well designed and documented features in Unity/C#
- Working on game toolsets and pipelines
- Provide work estimates and complete tasks on schedule
- Debug and profile new and existing code
What you'll bring to the table:
- Strong skills in C#
- Ideally 2+ years of relevant, industry experience
- Experienced in developing games in Unity using C# and blueprints
- Can write technical design documents
- Understands how to analyze and optimize code
- Strong problem solving skills
- Mobile Game Development
- Console Game Development
- VR Development
- Experience with OpenGL, DirectX, shader development (GLSL, HLSL)
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
- Passionate Indy game developer
- Shipped game(s)
- Experience working directly with external clients
What's in it for you?
Aside for the opportunity to work on really cool projects with even cooler colleagues, we also offer:
- Competitive salary
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- PTO and Corporate holidays
- 401k Matching
- Tuition reimbursement
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law