The Jira Specialist will be responsible managing product configurations, building out workflows, projects, schemas and issue schemes that utilize Atlassian best practices to meet business and stakeholder needs. The ideal candidate will have managed Jira Software, Jira ServiceDesk and Confluence (on-prem and cloud instances) and will offer recommendations on optimizing and securing workflows and permissions to allow for disparate teams to use Jira and Confluence in a manner that best suits their team.
- Act as the go-to authority for Confluence and Jira at Keywords Studios.
- Provide configuration and administrative support of multiple self-hosted Confluence and Jira environments.
- Implement application security practices, and apply, maintain and solve access and permissions issues for projects, spaces and associated components.
- Evaluate, test, implement and lead the usage of Atlassian add-ons to meet team and business needs.
- Interpret and map business requirements to Confluence and Jira configurations.
- Design and implement complex custom Jira configurations including projects, agile and scrum boards, dashboards, filters, issue types, workflows, permissions, fields, issue security, notifications and their associated schemes.
- Keep Confluence and Jira healthy by understanding how administrative actions and changes to the application and systems impact performance, scalability and day-to-day manageability.
- Work closely with developer and systems teams to implement robust application monitoring and optimize hardware, software and network systems.
- Author and maintain operational process documentation and runbooks.
- 3+ years’ experience administering, configuring and maintaining Atlassian applications in a large, multi-methodology organization (Jira Software, Jira Service Desk, Confluence)
- Experience running multiple Confluence/Jira environments
- Skilled in solving issues and performing installations, migrations, and add-on installation
- Strong knowledge of JQL, with experience constructing advanced search queries and complex custom filters to power dashboards and generate reports
- Experience managing user permissions via Active Directory, single sign-on (SSO), and SAML authentication
- Experience configuring application links and DVCS accounts to seamlessly integrate Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.
- Familiar with Atlassian application monitoring techniques including runtime logs, database and JMX monitoring, etc.
- Ability to self-organize across various backlogs, handle changes in daily workload, and prioritize work under contending deadlines
- Good communication ability in working with both technical and non-technical users.
- Bilingual, written and spoken in French and English.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Confluence and Jira APIs
- Knowledge of Apache/Tomcat configuration
- Proficiency in Linux server command line troubleshooting utilities