As a 2D artist, you will be responsible for creating or adapting high-level 2D models. Your models will have to meet the high visual, creative and technical standards of our projects. Specifically, you will need:
- Demonstrate great versatility and great talent in terms of modeling (high & low poly), in hard surface as well as in organic assets;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Create UVs, textures and materials, including the use of normal and displacement mapping techniques;
- Work effectively within the technical and project constraints while creating in a variety of visual styles;
- Address creative and technical issues as they arise;
- Work closely with artists and art directors;
- Participate in artistic validation sessions to ensure high artistic quality;
- Determine and respect deadlines and deadlines established with the production department;
- Participate actively in team and department meetings.
- Demo highlighting your artistic and technical skills;
- Have team spirit, proactivity and a positive attitude;
- Great knowledge of Maya, 3ds Max, ZBrush and Photoshop is required;
- Knowledge of Marmoset, Substance, Unity or Unreal is an asset;
- Knowledge of human anatomy;
- Ability to optimize the model for use in a game;
- Good knowledge of the production pipeline of a game;
- be creative and adapt to different play styles and graphic styles;
- Have an excellent artistic culture (games, multimedia, cinema, etc.);
- demonstrate autonomy, resourcefulness, organization and rigor.
Training / experience:
- College or university training in arts, 2D, multimedia, animation or equivalent experience;
- A minimum of three (3) years experience in the film or video game industry on AAA projects.