Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are also open to remote work options.
Duration: Full time, Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
Our global team empowers game creators to shape the future of gaming by developing creative engine features and outstanding tools. We are honored to have thousands of game developers all over the world using this game engine to create some of the most amazing games and player experiences in the industry.
Why Join Editor Framework?
As a member of the Editor Framework team you will work on core parts of FrostEd, our desktop tool that empowers content creators to build amazing game experiences. You will build robust libraries and services that can be used across various domains including audio, rendering, and UI. You will be at the core of building an easy to use and scalable tool to power a massive community of accomplished game creators. We are looking for someone who is passionate about working collaboratively across teams and building high quality tools.
- Work with user experience (UX) team, product owner and customers to develop features in the tools
- Provide support to customers by addressing issues and looking for opportunities to make systematic improvements
- Contribute to technical discussions across this game engine
- Frequent collaboration with Frostbite and with game team engineers
- Gather feedback from users to set the priority of tasks
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in C#
- Working knowledge of developing graphical user interfaces - ideally WPF
- Proficiency with computer science fundamentals, including algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design, SOLID principles.
- Experience developing, testing, and debugging code
- Enthusiasm for solving problems
- Experience managing a feature backlog and working closely with client for prioritization
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience developing Windows desktop applications
- Familiarity with digital content creation tools (ex: Maya or Photoshop)
- Working knowledge of C++
- Experience building games and supporting content creation workflows
- Experience writing applications with WPF
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (computer science, computer engineering or mathematics)
- Scrum agile processes. SAFe experience is a bonus
- Familiarity with SOLID design principles.
- Familiarity with UX concepts
- Technical documentation
- Comprehensive benefits including health, dental, and vision.
- WFH options during the pandemic
- Dog friendly environment (That's right, you can bring your dog to work!)
- Indoor basketball court, outdoor basketball court, soccer field, volleyball court
- Community garden
- 2 dog parks
- Easy transit access
- Free on-site parking for staff and visitors