Who we are
GetSocial is a complete solution to drive user engagement, retention, monetization, and acquisition through the use of user
interaction. We enable developers to quickly add social features into their apps that let users build communities, connect with
friends and other users as well as share content. GetSocial is located in The Hague, Netherlands, and Lviv, Ukraine. GetSocial
was recently acquired by Keywords Studios, an international technical services provider to the global video games industry.
Established in 1998, it now has over 50 facilities in 20 countries, strategically located in Asia, the Americas, and Europe. The
company provides integrated art creation, software engineering, testing, localization, audio, and customer care services across more than 50 languages and 16 games platforms to a blue-chip client base around the globe. It provides services to many of the most prominent game companies, including Bandai Namco, Electronic Arts, Konami, Square Enix, Supercell, Take-Two, and Ubisoft.
What we are looking for
We are looking for a Senior Backend Engineer who is passionate about designing and building highly efficient distributed services at scale to join our backend team. You will take ownership of mission-critical services that form the backbone of our products, and work closely with our mobile team to ensure our APIs and services are the best they can be.
This is an important role in a small and efficient team, where you will have influence and responsibility for technical and product roadmaps. You should be proactive, detail-oriented, and be comfortable tackling complex and sometimes ambiguous problems.
- Build, maintain and document the microservices that support our features
- Write high-quality testable code
- Help design, document, and maintain our system architecture
- Ensure services are up-to-date with the latest technologies
- Review code from other team members and provide feedback
- Detect, debug, identify and fix issues in our system
- Evaluate technical feasibility of customer and internal requirements
- Provide Level 2 support for current customers
You should have 3+ years of working experience, in production, with all of these technologies:
- AWS services we use like Kinesis, SNS, Elasticache (Redis/Memcache), and Redshift, among others
Nice to have
- Angular JS +v1.5
- Java 8 (Spring Boot is a plus)
- Neo4j or another GraphDB
- Experience working in Scrum / Agile methodologies
- Experience with Machine Learning
Who You Are
- A team player with strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- A quick learner, able to adapt to changing business needs
- Able to prioritize your tasks effectively and independently
- Have experience in fast-paced, high-growth startups
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great working environment — you are your own boss
- Flexible working hours or even work part-time
- Work remotely from almost anywhere in the world (GMT-4 to GMT+5)
- Unlimited holidays as long as you keep up with your job
- Tasks to sweat on!
- Working with the latest tech
- Choice of development systems (Mac, Win, Linux, Pen and Paper, Bow and Arrows)
- Support for your personal development (i.e. Certifications, Courses, Events, etc)