Contract Length: 12 months, extension possible
Work Location: Work From Home but candidate must be local to the Greater Seattle Area
Work Hours: Fulltime
The studio developing titles in a AAA Sci-Fi universe, is looking for a talented, passionate, and effective Software Engineer to join the Live team working on their next major release!
As an Engineer on the Live team, you will work on all aspects of our game’s front-end experience, including everything from player-facing UI to back-end and tooling. You will need to work in an existing codebase to create systems to allow our artists and designers to create beautiful, highly functional, and performant UI. The ideal candidate will enjoy finding new ways to leverage existing systems to enable content creators to do more.
- Develop new and existing social features in the engine and tools.
- Work across all aspects of a feature, including processes and pipelines.
- Work with designers to implement features and improve workflows.
- Work with producers to accurately schedule and coordinate work across the different teams.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
Home Internet Requirements:
During WFH or if remote, the following is required for this type of position:
- Internet speed of at least 500 Mbps or 1 Gbps, wired connection preferred, to ensure work is not impacted by connectivity/latency issues
- Make sure to run and repeat speed tests throughout the day, as it can fluctuate during peak hours
- Candidates must provide a screenshot of their speed test result
- Agency must include speed test screenshot as part of the submission process for consideration
- If candidate does not currently meet the network requirement:
- Candidate is committing to meeting the network requirement by their start date if an offer is received and mutually accepted
- Internet upgrade reimbursement eligibility criteria and guidelines are available for reference
- 3+ years of professional software engineering experience in C++.
- Experience working with large and complex codebases.
- Passion for creating amazing AAA game experiences.
- Strong communication skills, with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Previous game development or tools experience.
- Shipped titles or experience supported a release title.
- Familiarity using Lua as an embedded scripting language.
- Experience developing in a multi-player environment.
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits