We have an exciting opportunity for a Character Artist to join the growing art team at d3t, an award winning premium games software company based in Cheshire. We are external development partners to major, high profile games industry clients and as a successful and growing business we are always interested in recruiting talented individuals. We offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. Twice winning the GamesIndustry.Biz Best Places to Work, our anti-crunch mentality and mentoring ethos bring out the best in our team.
- Accurately follow a pre-defined art style or concept to produce high quality, believable characters.
- Create characters and creatures in varying art styles, both low and high poly, including making heads, faces, clothing and hair.
- Produce character models that are anatomically correct and are full of life and personality.
- Create clean and efficient topology ready for skinning for animation and author well laid out textures.
- Work alongside art leads to set the standard and to ensure consistency between initial vision and final assets.
- Ensure work hits all memory and frame rate guides and adheres to project guidelines in terms of naming conventions etc.
- Adhere to schedules and promptly feedback any concerns regarding all aspects of the project.
- Attend regular reviews of artwork and both give and receive feedback.
- Keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies and share knowledge with the art team.
- Mentor Junior Character Artists if required.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Excellent artistic ability, strong organic modelling skills and in-depth anatomical knowledge.
- In depth understanding of current gen skin and hair shaders and ability to accurately capture facial subtleties.
- Proficient in 2D and 3D software packages (Maya/3DS Max, Z-Brush/Mudbox, Substance, Photoshop).
- Good understanding of various tools and game engines used in current gen development.
- Desirable to have experience in real time hair, Marvellous Designer, cloth simulation set up and blendshape creation workflows.
- Good communication and organisation skills and confident working within a multidisciplinary art team.
- Practical and methodical approach to both technical and creative problem-solving.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change and to take art direction effectively, understanding that amendments are part of the pipeline.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and demonstrate dependability and commitment to projects and tasks.
- Experience of working within game development for at least 3 years with at least 2 published titles.
- Up-to-date experience and knowledge of current gen console game development processes, practices and terminology.