Who we are
Established in 1998 and working in over 30 languages, the Keywords Group is a fast-growing plc. listed on the
London Stock Exchange’s AIM market. We are one of the leaders in the provision of localisation services to
the Video Games and Software Localisation markets worldwide.
Keywords is an international technical service provider to the global Video Game Industry with offices in
Dublin, Madrid, Montreal, Rome, Seattle, Singapore and more. Working on a worldwide basis, we provide a
range of linguistic, testing, and quality control services to Video Game Developers and Publishers alike.
The Localization QA Analyst will consistently meet or exceed client expectations by ensuring exceptional
service and language quality on every project, with a focus on problem analysis and resolution. Working with
multiple clients and managing a broad spectrum of resources, the LQA Analyst will be expected to deliver to
both client and company’s requirements/targets.
The LQA Analyst is expected to contribute to multiple localization projects of different sizes, genres and
platforms for multiple clients across all different production stages, and to ensure their quality delivery within
the timeframe agreed with the client. The LQA Analyst will be based at our Madrid facilities, to join a team of
highly dedicated professionals providing world class localization, audio and player support services to the
video games industry internationally.
Working closely with other Linguists, Project Managers and the Translation teams, as well as other
KWSS’ teams to ensure high linguistic quality standards in all assigned projects. Detailed
Project Planning and Kick-Off
– Supporting Loc PMs to define language quality requirements of deliverables.
– Analyzing reference materials for familiarization.
– Supporting Loc PMs to create and maintain initial project documentation for hand-off to
– Attending kick-off meetings and ongoing project-related meetings, as needed.
– Supporting Loc Resourcing & Quality Lead on vendor validation.
– Supporting Loc Resourcing & Quality Lead on performance assessment to ensure vendors
perform according to project instructions, client expectations and KWSS’ LQA procedures.
– Taking responsibility for all linguistic aspects of the projects assigned to ensure the best possible
quality products are delivered to clients.
– Ensuring KWSS’ QA processes are followed and LQA standards are met on a project basis.
– Translating, editing and proofreading texts in critical projects to a high quality standard, based on
language quality requirements set for deliverables.
– Defining and performing language sanity checks to be done on assets prior to delivery.
– Maintaining company and project guides, TMs and TBs.
– Screening Translation teams’ queries prior to submission to client and updating assets based on
– Supporting Loc PMs to resolve Tier-1 LQA issues.
– Supporting Creative Directors and other Audio Team’s members with script pre-adaptation and
– Completing other LQA tasks, including LQA testing and bugfixing, as instructed.
Adherence to Standards
– Working with KWSS’ stakeholders to determine workflow and best processes to follow to
maximize productivity and minimize costs.
– Identifying opportunities and spearheading initiatives to continuously improve service and process
under industry specific requirements.
– Providing support to junior members of the team to achieve department objectives and goals.
– Onboarding new department staff, creating relevant manuals and training materials.
– Training and mentoring trainees on a regular basis, supplying materials, creating and maintaining
their schedules and acting on their behalf inside the department.
– Building good working relationships with all team members.
– Escalating any language-related issues arising on a project to the corresponding Loc PM.
– Providing language feedback and counter-feedback to stakeholders as instructed.
– Participating in regular internal meetings.
– Supporting Loc PMs to complete post-mortem reports.
What we are looking for
– 2+ years of experience at a localization linguist level.
– Educational qualification in Linguistics or Translation Studies, or extensive experience in Language,
Literature, Linguistics, or related humanistic fields.
– Educational qualification in Screen Translation or Game Localization is an advantage.
– Knowledge of Localization production processes.
– Extensive knowledge of contemporary pop culture.
– Good command of English, both oral and written.
– Mastery in the target language.
– Knowledge of LQA and CAT Tools.
– Flexible towards working hours.
– Must be motivated and a team player.
– A keen eye to identify problems and provide sustainable solutions.
– Ability to adequately manage information.
– Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
– Passion for the interactive entertainment space and the gaming industry.
– Ability to operate in a remote, dynamic and fast-paced environment.
– Strong interpersonal skills.
What we offer
– Competitive salary based on experience
– Great working environment
– Working in a videogame company