Do you want to be part of a leading international technical service provider to the global #Gaming Industry with studios in Asia, Europe, North and South America?
We are currently in the process of expanding our pool of Simplified Chinese to English #Translators and are looking for professional, experienced candidates to become members of our growing global team.
Translators will be responsible for working closely with Project Managers in delivering high quality translations to Keywords’ clients. Translators may also from time to time be tasked with supporting the Vendor Management team in reviewing test translations.
- Translate technical documents, game design documents and programming contents from Simplified Chinese into English with high quality standards.
- Review translations in English to ensure consistency and quality.
- Provide detailed language quality reports on the texts reviewed.
- Improve glossaries, manage terminology and develop documentation and style guidelines.
- Provide feedback and collaborate effectively with development teams and vendors (freelance translators).
- Work closely with in-house team members to ensure translations meet the quality standards.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with all members of the team to improve processes and achieve common goals.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Simplified Chinese-to-English freelance or in-house translator, preferably in the gaming industry.
- Experience in programming, game development and/or game design is required.
- Passion for the video game industry, with solid experience in playing games.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with people from different cultures.
- Working knowledge of CAT tools.
- Educational qualification in Computer Engineering / Science / Technology / Linguistics is an advantage.
- This is a 1-year contract (renewable) position.
- This is an in-house position located in Keywords Singapore Studios.
- Nearest MRT: Lavender
We regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview and linguistics test.