Contract: 6+ months
Client Location: Menlo Park, CA
Pipeline Opportunity: Yes
Our client is looking for contract QA test automation scripters to work at our client's location in Menlo Park, CA.
You will be responsible for architecting solutions to gaps and needs in automation. You will work as partners of the automation infrastructure team, identifying new infrastructure that's required for the Scripters to be able to accomplish the goals of the quality organization, and then working with the automation infrastructure team to assist with implementation and testing. Where gaps exist that that the infrastructure team does not have capacity to fix, you will work with the QA leads to come up with creative solutions to keep the team moving forward.
You must also provide guidance and mentorship to Scripter 1s, helping them develop into stronger team members both technically and personally. In addition to being excellent programmers, you must be excellent at design and implementation of scalable, reusable solutions that can benefit the entire team.
- Architecting solutions to tasks assigned to the Scripters team
- Directing priorities for Scripters
- Working with QA leadership and automation infrastructure to determine solutions to challenges and best practices
- Writing automated test cases within existing automation infrastructure
- Writing scripts to assist manual QA
- Investigating automation failures
- Reporting and tracking bugs found by automation
- Modifying existing automation to fix automation errors and yield higher signal
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to more junior staff
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize tasks to ensure high-level team goals are accomplished
- Proficiency in Python
- Strong understanding of:
- The software development process
- Quality assurance
- Automated testing
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field
- 4 years experience in a coding-related role
At KeyWords we provide all our contingent workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (16 days including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits