GameSim products and services target the needs of the entertainment, modeling & simulation, and geospatial industries. GameSim engineers, designers, and artists maintain a customer-centric focus throughout the entire project lifecycle. Within the video game industry, GameSim provides full game development services to publishers or works as a co-developer for other studios. Within the modeling & simulation industry, GameSim primes contracts with the government, as well as subcontracting to partner companies. Finally, for the geospatial industry, GameSim develops visualizations and simulations for civil engineering, urban planning, situational awareness, and intelligence applications. GameSim’s geospatial terrain tool, Conform, is the fastest product on the market for importing and fusing geospatial datasets to produce high-quality visualizations of synthetic environments, which is used in each of GameSim’s targeted industries.
We are currently looking to add experienced & passionate Software Engineers to our already awesome team. As a GameSim Engineer you will have the opportunity to design, develop, and install a variety of different software solutions. Using C++ as the primary development language, you will be responsible for developing prototype applications, designing and implementing new features, as well as improving and maintaining existing code. You will design new features, implement them within schedule, and fix bugs with regular direction from your team lead.
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing:
- Actively participate in a team working on a project by making recommendations on how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Coordinate with other groups including art and production to achieve project objectives
- Develop well-designed and documented software within schedule
- Perform any other duties as assigned by a manager with accountability and responsibility defined prior to the commencement of these duties
- Writes technical design specifications
- Create and maintain modular interface components
- Profiles and optimizes software components
What you'll bring to the table:
- BS in Computer Science or Game Development plus 1-2 years of experience as a software engineer working on customer-facing products
- Proficiency with the C/C++ programming language (2+ yrs. experience)
- Review, test, debug and extend other Software Engineer’s code competently
- Ability to design, test and debug own code without assistance from other Software Engineers
- Understanding of memory management, multiple processor use, and runtime optimization.
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts, principles and solutions
- A strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly identify technical risks and missing aspects of a technical design and does not overlook small details
- Able to demonstrate ownership in task and problem solving and follow all responsibilities through to completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of good software engineering practices
- A strong sense of drive and motivation and a passion for delivering high quality outcomes
- Ability to work in a dynamic and collaborative team environment
- Working experience with Unity, Unreal Engine 4/5
- Experience in network programming including RPC, Client/Server, and Web Technologies preferred (HTTP, Web Services, etc.)
- Strong math skills including trigonometry, calculus and linear algebra
What's in it for you?
Apart from the opportunity to work with an awesome group of colleagues on some truly interesting projects, we also offer the following:
- Opportunity to work on different IP
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Sick Leave
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!