Smoking Gun Interactive, a Keywords Studio, is an industry-leading game development studio founded in 2007 by award-winning industry veterans. SGI is fearless in creating IP and boldly partners with renowned brands to develop a wide range of world-class, immersive titles and interactive experiences that resonate with strategy gamers worldwide and entertain millions of casual players every day.
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, and a creative and driven work environment with our passionate team of talented professionals on high quality projects.
As a Producer at Smoking Gun Interactive (SGI), you’re an experienced team leader with excellent communication skills, and expertise in managing projects, priorities, schedules and team members. You work with the Studio Directors and Leads to define the Product Vision, develop milestone deliverables for the internal team and ensure they are met on-time and within budget. Additionally, you serve as the main point of contact with external publishers, and are able to communicate the project status and identify potential risks clearly at any time. You have robust experience producing and releasing PC and mobile titles in the game industry, and running live operations on released games. You’re also responsible for taking an idea from concept through all stages of development to completion and owning and driving the product to completion.
- 10 days vacation leave
- 5 paid days personal leave
- 7 paid sick days
- Life Insurance & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Dependent Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Extended Healthcare Benefit
- Dental Care
- Hybrid working
- Training & Development
Salary Range: $85,000 - $120,000
Experience & Requirements
In this role, you will:
- Manage the development of a game title from pre-production to final product release, with an eye towards meeting defined budgets, schedules and quality targets;
- Work with the Creative Director and Team Leads to develop and communicate a clear vision for the product;
- Create milestone schedules in coordination with Team Leads and Directors based on the products vision;
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule, while also working with team to be creative and produce the best quality game achievable within constraints;
- Monitor released products and work with live operations team to continually update and add features that improve the product;
- Work with team members to ensure daily tasks are in line with the product vision and that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for quality and timelines;
- Identify risks as early as possible in order to mitigate them and communicate both issues and proposed solutions clearly;
- Promote positive working relationships through leadership, teamwork and communication within the development teams to ensure consistent vision and goal setting;
- Conduct annual reviews and career goal setting for Team Leads;
- Interface with publishing or other business partners on milestones and other deliverables, and maintain excellent working relationship as the main point of contact on all development issues;
- Exhibit passion and ability to rally others by providing motivation for the team and all involved in the project;
- Create and maintain project management documents including status reports, project plans, communications plans, post-mortems and compiling of historical information;
- Mentor junior production staff, as needed;
- Be open and willing to accept and provide direction, work well under pressure, and handle multiple tasks.
To be successful in this role, you must have:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the production of PC, mobile and console games, working in a project management role;
- A natural ability to be highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a burning desire to contribute to a creative environment;
- Ability to manage and run effective live operations of release games;
- Proven to be self-sufficient and proactive in organizing and prioritizing tasks;
- Outstanding organizational, communication and management skills;
- Well-versed experience in project management practices, agile development, and software project management software packages;
- Shipped at least 2 products in a Project Manager or Senior Production role.
- Bachelor Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience
It would also be helpful if you had:
- Knowledge of additional software such as Photoshop, PowerPoint, MindManager;
- A Bachelors’ Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience.