Forgotten Empires is a full-service game developer focused on Windows PC games. While headquartered in the U.S., our team consists of 80+ passionate individuals from around the globe, each of whom brings a unique skill set and perspective to the table. Since 2022 we are part of Keywords Studios.
We are currently looking to add an experienced Software Engineer to work on Age of Empires. As a programmer with us, you will use your awesome skills in C++ to help us to bring our games to realization. In return, you will be part of a creative and supportive team environment with the ability to have a direct impact on the development of top-tier games.
Are you up for the challenge?
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing:
- Working in a C++ codebase on a custom engine.
- Generalist skillset, we’re not looking for a specialized set of skills.
- Maintain and develop features for the game and the tools that go with it.
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team on features.
- Regularly debug, profile and optimize code.
We offer competitive employment packages to suit your individual circumstances.
Forgotten Empires is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran’s status, age or disability.
Keywords Studios is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavor to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Keywords Studios is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy https://www.keywordsstudios.com/en/applicant-privacy-notice/.
Experience & Requirements
What you'll bring to the table:
- Proven senior level engineer experience in C++
- Recent experience working in a video game industry
- Experience working in a team environment.
- B2 English level – conversational and written.
- Player/Development experience with RTS games is a plus (especially Age of Empires)
- You will be asked to partake in a technical test to prove your skills.
Location: Must be local to Málaga, Spain or working remotely (EU time zones required)