GameSim, a leading developer providing complete title development and co-development services for Console, Desktop, Mobile, and Web-based Games has an exciting opportunity for an Environment Artist. As a part of the team, you will get an opportunity to work on a variety of projects, ranging from full title development to augmenting existing game teams. The selected candidate will work on creating stunning game environments, which are visually appealing, immersive, and meet the technical requirements.
- Work with the team to create and maintain visually stunning game environments that meet technical requirements.
- Create and place 3D models, terrain, vegetation, and props that bring the environment to life.
- Optimize game environments for performance on various platforms.
- Collaborate with game designers, programmers, and artists to create cohesive and seamless game worlds.
- Ensure consistency of art style and technical feasibility throughout the game.
- Understand and follow the art production pipeline and meet project deadlines.
- Maintain and organize project files and work with version control.
What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to work on different projects
- 3 weeks of paid leave
- Benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- Sick Leave
- Disability Coverage
- Performance bonus
- Corporate holidays
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with company matching
- Professional Development
- Snacks, drinks, ping pong, 250+ game arcade, and more!
Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Computer Science or relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in game environment art creation using 3D modeling and texturing tools such as 3DS Max and Maya.
- Good understanding of art fundamentals such as shape, composition, color, and lighting.
- Proficient with game engines such as Unreal or Unity and a good understanding of environmental workflow.
- Good knowledge of performance considerations when creating game environments, and ability to optimize levels for performance.
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
Candidates must be located in Florida or Texas or open to relocate. Possibility of remote work for outstanding applicants located in the USA.