Software Engineer II - DevOps
At Helpshift, we have 5 Leadership Principles that we integrate into our every day, and use to guide us in our goals. These principles reflect who we are as part Keywords Studios, and to show who we are when we come together, collectively, with other studios to achieve success:
- Power of Partnerships: We collaborate with our clients as an extension of their team. With shared passion and purpose, we proactively support them in bringing their stories to life.
- One Keywords: We believe in a network with efficiency at its core. Combining the strength of a global platform with the agility of local studios creates our superpower.
- Raise the Game: We embrace technology, innovation and our entrepreneurial spirit to help our clients and the industry thrive. Leveraging the sum of our experience brings new value to gaming and beyond.
- Embrace an Open World: We champion diversity of talent and ideas from every corner of our global community. Inclusivity makes us stronger and enables us to deliver world-class entertainment creation to our partners.
- Trust through Transparency: We pursue open and honest relationships with our people, clients and communities. Clear and authentic communication is foundational as we create success together.
About the Team:
Foundation team is at the core of Helpshift engineering. We provide the foundation for the engineers to reliably build, deploy, and scale Helpshift products. We’re responsible for creating, maintaining and scaling tools (software and systems) used by many teams for critical workloads.
Foundation team work in following areas:
*Developer Experience (Deployment, Dev Tools & Core Libraries)
*Core Infrastructure (Scalability, Performance & Optimisation)
*Security & Compliance
You’ll be on a team that maintains, builds and scale infrastructure that will be used by the rest of the engineering. You’ll make decisions with a significant impact on Helpshift. There is a lot of work to do to make Helpshift engineers’ work easier and our core infrastructure even more reliable than it is today, and we’d love for you to be part of it. We’re close to the people using our systems, so we constantly get feedback that we can use to make them better.
We’re looking for people with a strong background in systems. We’d love to hear from you whether you’re a seasoned systems developer, or whether you’ve just learned you might like working with databases and large scale systems.
About the role:
- Understand, automate and scale Helpshift cloud infrastructure. This will involve learning and working with various cloud technologies, scripting languages, and CM tools.
- Own Helpshift production services and ensure complete monitoring coverage, troubleshoot and fix production issues.
- Architect and implement projects that reduce or eliminate repetitive and administrative tasks.
- Ensure all services and infrastructure are Highly Available, with Disaster Recovery in place.
- Performance engineering for backend services and stores such as MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, HAProxy
- Work in a lean team, with a focus on getting things done.
Projects you may work on:
- Containerisation of our infrastructure using Kubernetes.
- We have a ton of important work to do, which is why we’re hiring! Our projects are of course changing all the time, but here are a few projects that we’ve done in the past or are there in our roadmap, so you can get an idea of the types of projects you’ll work on. Technologies we use include: HAProxy, NGINX, Jenkins, Elasticsearch, StatsD, Kafka, Storm, MongoDB, Hadoop.
- We need to scale our databases to handle 10x the load they can today. You could help us share them more effectively, upgrade our database engines, and build great tools for developers so they can understand their slow queries more easily.
- Build a seamless zero-downtime process to upgrade our core infrastructure (ScyllaDB, Elasticsearch, Kafka, MongoDB, Redis)Move us to a region with no downtime. Build a cloud infrastructure that’ll be easy to move to a different cloud service provider.
- Improve and scale deployment infrastructure. Reduce deployment time.
Helpshift embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.