Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
We are looking for a deeply talented A.I. Programmer to help us generate the best open world experiences in our games and push the limits of Artificial intelligence in areas such as pathfinding, combat, and decision-making.
We are seeking down to earth and creative thinking programmer, a coder who can bring their experience and considerable coding talents to our studio, an engineer that we can learn from as well as teach and grow with.
- Work with existing engine code base to develop and improve AI.
- Develop AI / game code as well as tools and extend it for high profile projects.
- Specify and contribute to testing procedures.
- Integrate creative and technical design processes while ensuring that high production values are never compromised.
- A degree in computer science, games development or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years commercial games programming experience.
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.
Experience & Requirements
- A high level of proficiency with C++
- Experience with Unreal 4/5.
- Excellent math.
- Proven problem-solving ability.
- Broad familiarity with AI in game development is required.
- You would also have experience of developing modern character AI systems.
- Experience of pathfinding, steering, and motion planning.
- State machines and behaviour trees.
- Implementing cooperation and group behaviours
- Experience of working within a team.
- A real passion for games programming.
Please don’t forget to include your CV, a cover letter, and most importantly a link to your GitHub, website or portfolio, it’s very difficult for us to assess your code abilities if you don’t provide us with any. Please remember that we make games and games are fun so it we would love to receive a well-written and passionate cover letter.