At Electric Square, we understand that the worlds we build are pivotal to the success of our games and the enjoyment of our players. With our diverse portfolio, which includes acclaimed titles like 'Diablo 4', 'Need for Speed: Unbound', 'Battlefield 2042', 'Lords of the Fallen' and several other exciting AAA console games currently in progress (and even more surprises on the horizon!), we strive to deliver unforgettable gaming experiences.
Working in collaboration with four innovative studios, our team of 250+ talented individuals, accompanied by our beloved studio dogs, are dedicated to creating world-class projects. We foster a unique studio culture that empowers and inspires our teams, ensuring that everyone feels motivated to bring their best ideas to life.
We can offer you an award-winning working environment. At Electric Square, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Electric Square is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We are looking for an accomplished, enthusiastic and self-motivated Lead Technical Artist to join our Singapore-based team working on an exciting, new and unannounced project.
A Lead Technical Artist at Electric Square Singapore:
- Advises and directs the design and development of C# systems to manage visual content
- Reviews and provides feedback on C# tools and scripts written by TA's
- Works with engineers (C#) and align on interfaces between game logic and visual content management (visual systems)
- Reviews/feedback on Visual Effects considering the context of the effect (where, when, and why it is used), composition complexity (images, materials and shaders used to achieve the result)
- Reviews/feedback on shaders in graph form and CG
- Reviews/feedback on UI (art passes, visuals, animations)
- Assists with mentoring and guidance for junior TA and VFX staff
- Assists with defining milestones and sprints
When you join Electric Square Singapore you can expect to enjoy a unique culture. The Studio knows that it’s the best people that make the best games and this is what Electric Square invests in. Below you will find all the benefits and perks you can enjoy as an Electric Square team member.
• Holidays - 19 days’ annual leave entitlement plus an additional 4 days studio closure over the end of year festive period plus all Singapore bank holidays.
• Bonus Anniversary Holidays - An additional day of annual leave for each year’s anniversary working at Electric Square, up to a maximum of 30 days of annual leave entitlement.
• Team Project Bonuses
• Private Medical and Dental Insurance Scheme – You will be entitled to participate in the Company’s private medical & dental insurance scheme.
• Group Income Protection
• Health and Well-being Allowance – $90 per month to spend on your choice of a range of healthy activities, ranging from going to the gym, rock climbing, yoga and a lovely massage. It's on us!
• Group Life Insurance
• Volunteer Time Off ‘Electric Square in the Community’ – Spend one day per year on full pay volunteering for the non-profit organisation of your choice.
• Tech Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy Tech, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Contributory pension scheme.
• Cycle to Work Scheme – Interest free company loan to buy a bicycle/bicycle accessory, which will be deducted from your monthly salary for the duration of the loan.
• Free Fresh Cooked Electric Square Monthly Friday Lunch – Monthly Friday lunches bought to us by one of many amazing local pop-up diners – A wonderful way to catch up with everyone on a Friday!
- Free Awesome Swag – Sleek Electric Square T-shirts and merch, with the iconic Electra symbol emblazoned on the front. New ranges out every season!
- Extensive Video Game & Book Library – Borrow a game, a book or even a whole console.
- Exclusive anniversary presents – After your first and third year as an Electron to say a big thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to Electric Square.
- Free roasted Coffee & Speciality Teas
- Free Breakfast Bars – For when you need that extra boost at breakfast time.
- Fresh Fruit – Provided daily.
- Cookies & Biscuits – For the odd naughty pleasure.
- Soft Drinks Fridge – A large range of free chilled soft drinks.
- Electra's Beer Fridge – Free beers, ales. Grab a beer at our end of week Show and Tell sessions and see what everybody else in the company has been up to.
- Fantastic studio in the centre of Singapore
- WithU Fitness App - A remarkable fitness app that revolves around audio guidance, which is absolutely free for all Electric Square employees
- Project Wrap Parties, Cinema Nights & Team Nights out – We work hard together so it’s good to let off steam and spend some time together seeing what the wonderful city of Singapore has to offer.
- Christmas & Summer Parties– Fantastically fun Summer and Christmas parties!
- Exhibitions & Days Out – If there is an event happening of interest to us, we’ll happily spread the word, pick up the bill and see if any Electrons are up for going – we’re keen to get everyone out seeing what’s going on.
Experience & Requirements
- Good working knowledge of C# within Unity
- Knowledge of Shaders within Unity (both ShaderGraph and CG/HLSL)
- Working knowledge of content tools within Unity (Timeline, VFXGraph, Shuriken, Animation, Mecanim)
- Profiling experience using Unity tools (Framedebugger, Profiler) and any external tools
- Great understanding of VFX composition and the technical components (shaders, emitters... etc) and performance impact
- Able to forecast and communicate systems that will need to be developed (C# systems/tools) and the balance between engineering and technical art resources to achieve this
- Practical understanding of Unity's rendering pipelines and how to modify/add features when necessary (ie. URP RendererFeatures)
- Experience with UI implementation within Unity
- Passionate, curious, motivated, and open to both giving and receiving constructive criticism.
- Able to work well as a team player in a collaborative environment