Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour. For this incredible opportunity we are looking for a deeply talented Graphics Programmer, who will be fully remote, to help implement and maintain pipelines. You will ensure that the code is optimized to the highest level, this role is to support and develop the exciting visuals for our games.
- Excellent holiday package
- Regular social events
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and some great charity fundraising events.
Experience & Requirements
- Taking responsibility for graphics development on the project.
- Developing, documenting, testing and maintaining graphical and engine features in collaboration with the other members of the team.
- Dedicatedly and methodically improving the quality and the efficiency of the relevant tools, processes and runtime functionality.
- Troubleshooting of all graphics related issues.
- The research and application of relevant new technologies.
- A real passion for graphics development.
- We would love to see strong C++ skills and an exposure to a wide range of graphical techniques and effects.
- Current generation console experience would be our first choice but experience of working with any modern graphics API is also hugely interesting to us.
- Experience with Unreal 4/ 5.
- Vulkan programming experience is a bonus.
- Experience and a deep understanding of high level shader languages.
- Proficiency in maths/3D geometry.
- First class management, communication and scheduling skills.
Please don’t forget to include your CV, and a link to your GitHub, website or portfolio if you have one.