This is an exciting opportunity for a senior messaging engineer seeking to progress to the next level in their career. This role is 100% remote working.
You will be part of the Global IT team providing SME in exchange on premise and Office 365 messaging. You will work closely with regional and infosec teams to architect and implement secure messaging solutions and provide guidance.
Experience & Requirements
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, configure and maintain Microsoft Exchange Hybrid infrastructure.
- SME on O365 phish and spam protection policies with Microsoft Defender.
- Play a key part in tenant to tenant migrations of acquisitions.
- Manage Exchange servers upgrades.
- Provide strategy for management of user mailboxes and database allocation
- Define, configure, and troubleshoot Exchange Administrative roles as well as SMTP Connectors and on premise relays.
- Configure and secure external records SPF, DKIM, DMARC
- Daily administration of Exchange.
- Create PowerShell scripts for administration of Exchange, Office 365, custom software implementations, and advanced troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot Exchange related issues in Office 365.
- Monthly reporting on risks and user quotas.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory.
- Update, patch and keep o/s and Exchange current with the latest available security patches.
- Work closely with Infosec team to provide SME on exchange / Office 365 security.
Skills & Experience Required
- 5+ years of progressive experience with supporting Exchange Online and Microsoft O365
- Practical experience of Azure AD and Client connect.
- Practical experience with Exchange hybrid and Office 365
- Thorough understanding and experience of email systems and enterprise infrastructures
- Extensive PowerShell expertise
- Understand change management and be able to manage and mitigate project risk.
- Have experience working as part of a project team and understand project structure.
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be able to calmly deal with complex and time sensitive projects and incidents.
- Cultural adaptability.
- Ability to explain complex systems in non-technical terms
- Ability to use good judgment to prioritise tasks.