Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998 and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 50 studios located across Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 20 countries. We have a strong market position, providing services to 23 of the top 25 most prominent games companies. With over 5,000 passionate gaming employees around the world, we provide services to video game developers and publishers alike.
The German LQA Specialist will analyse in-game text to validate grammar, syntax, spelling and proper localization on mobile platform. In addition, they will also review and perform exhaustive German language tests to ensure text and audio respect the cultural aspects of a game’s local edition, remains in context and is consistent throughout.
TheGerman LQA Specialist is responsible for testing, identifying, recording and suggesting fixes to potential bugs relating to language, implementation and user interface (UI) issues. This role involves collaboration with in-house Translators and Linguists, and external vendors to ensure the highest linguistic standards in all.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Verify linguistic accuracy of the text in all tested products and check for typographical, grammatical, and punctuation errors.
- Collaborate with the German translators in the team and external vendors, to ensure high standards of linguistic quality are achieved.
- Verify the correct implementation of the localized text. Ensure that all text is correctly displayed.
- Ensure that the text is consistent and only correct approved terminology is used.
- Assess cultural appropriateness and check politically sensitive content.
- Identify, isolate, and document bugs clearly and concisely in a bug database.
- Verify that bugs have been fixed and implemented correctly.
- Run test cases and checklists.
- Help and backup the German translators in the team when required on linguistic tasks.
- Build a deep knowledge of various videogames, their mechanics, and debug menus.
- Collaborate with the team to create test cases based on existing templates.
Skills and experience required
- Native level German speaker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in German and English.
- Passion for the video game industry.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Good PC knowledge and proficient knowledge of MS Office products is essential.
- The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English and your native language.
- Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and pop culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines.
- Teamwork oriented and collaborative.
- University Degree, equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience in related field is an advantage.
- +1 year experience as either freelance or in-house translator from English to German an advantage.
- Familiarity with cat tool software, such as Memsource and MemoQ an advantage.
- Familiarity with Localization Quality Assurance processes and bug reporting software an advantage.
Keywords Studios is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavor to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
Keywords Studios is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy https://www.keywordsstudios.com/en/applicant-privacy-notice/.