*Please note that this position is for Tokyo office. Company will provide the relocation support.
The Korean Supercell LQA Specialist will analyse in-game text to validate grammar, syntax, spelling and proper localization on mobile platforms. In addition, they will also review and perform exhaustive Korean language tests to ensure the localized product respects the cultural aspects of a game’s target market, remains in context and is consistent throughout.
TheKorean Supercell LQA Specialist is responsible for testing, identifying, and reporting bugs, as well as suggesting fixes to potential bugs relating to language, text implementation and user interface (UI) issues. This role involves collaboration with linguists and the LQA team to ensure the highest linguistic standards of Supercell games.
- Verify linguistic accuracy of text in all tested products, and check for typographical, grammatical and punctuation errors. Testing includes, but is not limited to, a full game or partial game update, in-game offers, websites, social media posts etc.
- Correctly report discovered bugs, and/or propose fixes for errors in the localized text.
- Cross-check whether bug fixes or proposed text changes are correctly implemented and have fixed the originally reported issues.
- Become an expert of in-game content and mechanics, and be able to identify where certain textual components would appear in-game.
- Manage to build a test case together with other members of the LQA team for a partial update or potential new game, based on existing templates.
- Manage to identify priorities within testing depending on the scope (e.g. a live launch, or a beta test).
- Build a good working relationship with the linguists and other LQA Specialists on the team. Strong communication skills are key.
- Have a basic understanding of the mechanics of the other languages on the team.
- Help and backup the Korean translator in the team on linguistic tasks when required.
Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, occupational accident insurance etc.
Commuting costs are covered up to 30,000 JPY per month
Employee Assistant Program
Free Japanese lesson
Full weekly two-day system (Saturday and Sunday)
Annual paid leave
Congratulations and condolences holiday etc.
*We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, please understand that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Experience & Requirements
Native level Korean speaker. Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both in Korean and English. Passion for the video game industry and game localization. Outstanding attention to detail. Proficient PC knowledge, including knowledge of MS office products is essential (basic knowledge of excel, or willingness to learn) Experience as either freelance or in-house translator from English to Korean is essential. The ability to write accurate, unambiguous and concise documentation in English and your native language. Strong interest in fantasy literature and media, science fiction and/or pop culture. Strong interpersonal skills. Used to working with different cultures. Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to cope under pressure and to work to tight deadlines. Teamwork-oriented and collaborative. University Degree, equivalent qualification and/or relevant experience in related field is an advantage. Familiarity with CAT tool software, (e.g. Memsource/Phrase, MemoQ) an advantage. Familiarity with LQA testing and using bug tracking software (e.g. Jira) an advantage