Keywords China Studios (Mindwalk Studios and RedHotCG Studios), we provide CG outsourcing services for the gaming industry’s top-tier developers.
At Keywords China, you’ll be working on world-famous assets and demanding, high-skill artwork for AAA-grade game projects. You’ll be working with all the same tools and processes as top global game development companies while earning name credits on blockbuster game titles played by millions. We pride ourselves on our open management structure and warm, family-like culture. We emphasize teamwork and a fun environment that we hope brings the best out in all our employees.
As our studio continues to grow, we are looking to appoint an experienced Art Director to continue to drive our well-established operations in the North American market. In this position, you will work very closely with our international clients to set the artistic vision for their projects and act as the interface with our China-based production team to ensure that our client's needs are met to the highest possible standards.
We are looking for a person who is passionate about 3D art, the ‘big picture’ of art direction, and knows how to extrapolate on creative direction notes to keep asset production ‘on look’ and cohesive. You will be comfortable moving from style to style and identifying the key stylistic characteristics across a variety of projects. You will also be comfortable with the language of art direction and can confidently give feedback as well as ask the right questions of the team or the client.
Some of the cool stuff you’ll be doing:
- Interface directly with clients and our Business Development team to understand their needs and form a solid working relationship.
- Work with multiple clients simultaneously; understand their requirements and artistic style of various projects, and provide art guidance for the Production team in China.
- Responsible/answer to the client for the visual direction on the spot and QC of work.
- Help with estimation, team feedback, and pipeline development.
- Define and communicate the key components of the project style and design.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality on all projects.
In addition to working for one of the leading Art Services providers in the games industry, we are also able to offer the following benefits:
- Fully remote work environment
- Salary range based on experience but expected to be up to $120K USD (or CAD equivalent) with performance bonus and Long Term Incentives
- Comprehensive benefits package that covers Dental Care, Health Care (including out-of-country coverage), Vision Care, Long Term Disability, Physio, Massage etc.
- Generous vacation and personal leave policies
- Life Insurance & Dependent Life Insurance coverage
- RRSP Matching and Employee Stock Purchase Programs
- Ability to work on multiple AAA IP’s
- The opportunity to build or expand your career the way you want to, in a smaller studio connected to a global studio family
Keywords China Studios is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. Please let us know of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Experience & Requirements
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Passionate about games with a proven 3+ years of professional art leadership experience in the games industry.
- Strong game production work experience showcasing top-quality work.
- Sufficient knowledge of workflows in multiple software packages and game engines (i.e. 3DS Max, Maya, Zbrush, Unreal, Unity).
- Proficient understanding of industry-standard techniques and tools.
- Excellent communication skills, with an understanding of the value of listening as well as providing feedback, and the confidence to ask the right questions.
- Team Player, quick learner, and self-motivated.
- Have an understanding of up-to-date game development technical processes, take a keen interest in the latest workflows, and have an interest in learning, evaluating, and evangelizing appropriate usage of new software, tools, and technologies.
- Experience working with Chinese-based art production teams
- Mandarin language skills
- Previous experience working with or for Art outsourcing providers and/or experience managing remote art production teams