Keywords Studios is the ultimate destination for talented individuals looking to make their mark in the world of AAA game development. With a global presence and an unrivalled reputation, we are trusted by 24 of the top 25 gaming companies worldwide, making us the go-to collaborator for the industry's biggest titles.
Joining our team means becoming part of a network of 70+ studios across 26 countries, where over 12,000 experts come together to deliver sector-leading 360° services. From ideation and technical co. development to art, QA/localization, marketing, and community engagement, we cover every stage of game development and beyond.
As an integral part of our tightly integrated yet truly global network, you'll have the opportunity to work alongside industry-leading professionals who bring best-in-class experience, expertise, and technology to each project. Our follow-the-sun workflows ensure we can deliver at the speed you need.
At Keywords Studios, we believe in the power of imagination, ambition, and the desire to succeed. Join our global team and unlock the full potential of your skills.
About d3t:d3t is at the forefront of technology and creativity, delivering co-development video game services to our global triple-A clients. Our successful studio is continuing to grow and we are looking for an Art Director to join the expanding Art Team. Our studio, part of the Keywords Studios Group, works on multiple exciting projects at any one time offering plenty of variety and involvement. Our studio projects have included Hogwart’s Legacy, Vampire: The Masquerade - Blood Hunt, Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy, LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, Alan Wake Remastered, Mafia II: Definitive Edition and Assetto Corsa Competizione. Our studio is based near Runcorn in Cheshire and we offer an amazingly professional, fun and supportive working environment. We are passionate about what we do and pride ourselves on our anti-crunch mentality, mentoring ethos and have been awarded ‘Best Places to Work’ multiple times by gamesindustry.biz including 2021 and 2022. In addition, we recently won ‘Best Creative Service Provider‘ at Develop 2022.
About the role:We are looking for a passionate Associate Art Director who will drive the artistic vision of the studio, balancing creative excellence with effective communication and collaboration to ensure the successful delivery of visually stunning games.Main Responsibilities:
- Provide clear, concise visual direction and guidance across all Art development at d3t and review all digital assets, providing feedback in a timely manner.
- Share your passion for excellence, create inspiring artwork/style guides to clearly promote the high visual quality standards we are aiming for and ensure that everyone is working together to meet these standards.
- Drive the vision forward by aligning with and fully understanding the client's art direction and then working alongside our internal art team to ensure creative cohesion.
- Continually look for opportunities to innovate and improve the visual quality on all projects.
- Take an active role in planning of project pitches and be comfortable dealing face to face with external clients to discuss opportunities for working with them on their games.
- Help to build and raise the profile of the growing art team.
- Mentor Artists in the team, providing support and nurturing to encourage their continued growth, helping to improve their skills and build their knowledge and confidence.
- Oversee and provide detailed feedback to multiple art disciplines including UI, Environment Art, Lighting, VFX, Character and Concept Art.
Initial interviews will be help by video call with a second interview held at the studio. Don't meet every single requirement? Not a problem - please apply. At d3t we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace and culture. If this opportunity excites you but your current skills or past experience don't align perfectly with the job description, we encourage you to still apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles within our team