Climax Studios was established nearly 30 years ago, we have an extensive history in developing all kinds of digital experiences across all formats, and we have won multiple awards along the way.
We have a state of the art studio located in the heart of the beautiful Gunwharf Quays in Portsmouth overlooking the Harbour.
You take your creativity seriously and games should be what get you fired up and passionate. At Climax we embrace those who see things in a different way and aren’t afraid to try-out new things and push themselves out of their comfort zones.
For this stand out opportunity, we are looking for a talented and versatile onsite Senior/ Lead UI Artist, we require a highly organised individual to help create and implement a complicated user interfaces.
- Regular social events
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Fresh fruit and snacks
- A friendly, focused, ambitious and relaxed working environment
- Ongoing training and development, with career progression
- Discount card for all the shopping centre stores
- Great seafront location, a short walk from the rail station, bars, restaurants, coffee shops
- Group Private Medical Insurance provided by BUPA
- Group Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Private Dental Insurance
- Group Income Protection
- Company Pension Scheme
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- Eye-Care Vouchers
- Bring your doggo to work! We're a dog friendly studio, bring your pooch in to meet us.
- Bean to cup coffee machine in the studio.
- Fresh fruit and healthy snacks provided daily, breakfast and some not so healthy snacks.
- In-house clubs and socials. From board games, tennis, football to D&D nights, there are lots of opportunities to socialise.
- Regular Socials including Project Wrap Parties, team and studio events, Christmas and annual Summer parties and soem great charity fundraising events.
Experience & Requirements
· Responsible for creating game UI compliant with the game design, both technically and aesthetically· Designing, creating and exporting 2D textures and icons using Illustrator and Photoshop.· Creating, animating and exporting working interface files for use in game.· Work with the art teams to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of interface designs· Contributing original ideas towards all aspects of the UI design.· The artist will also produce in game graphic design related assets, such as advertising and fonts to tie the in-game environments to the Front-end and HUD.
QUALIFICATIONS· A degree in Graphic Design/ Art or related degree (3D Graphics/Fine Art)· Minimum of 5 years experience as a UI Artist in the games industry with a published game in your folio.
SKILLS· Strong experience creating game front-end systems design and functionality.
· Experience with Adobe XD and/or Figma, and After Effects for motion concepts· The successful candidate will need to demonstrate a core understanding of good graphics, iconography and typography.· Able to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of good UX and Good UI,· Experience creating UI in an Unreal project is essential.· You should have a strong background in Graphic Design, with excellent Photoshop and Illustrator skills.· Video editing skills useful for making trailers and gameplay footage.
· Experience of leading a team.
· Mentoring experience would be a bonus.· Knowledge of 3D construction using Maya or Max would be a bonus.