Tantalus Media is renowned for console work on franchises such as Sonic Mania, Cities Skylines, The Legend of Zelda, Mass Effect, Cars, Ben 10 and the million-unit-selling Pony Friends.
At Tantalus you’ll be part of a culture that celebrates diversity in people and games, whilst working on some of the highest profile Console and PC titles in the world.
Keywords Studios is an international technical and creative services provider to the global video games industry. Established in 1998, and headquartered in Dublin, Keywords now has over 70+ studios located across Europe, North America, South America, and Asia. We provide integrated art production, engineering, audio services, testing, localization, and player support services across 50 languages and 14 game platforms to a blue-chip client base in more than 21 countries.
In early 2021, the Keywords business expanded their global operations across the pacific to the Australian market where we currently employee 160+ staff across Melbourne, Brisbane and now Adelaide.
We are a seeking an experienced Senior Artist for our Melbourne office with generalist skills to create and review assets on our broad range of PC and console projects.
Working with the other Artists, you will also assist in establishing artistic standards and best practices, help mentor and guide team members and foster a creative and collaborative environment.
While it is expected that this position will often be producing game ready assets a large part of the role will involve reviewing and providing feedback in regard to incoming third party assets. As such the candidate will need to have a high level of both technical and aesthetic skills. They will also need to be well organised and excellent communicators. All of these skills will need to be demonstrable.
- Assist in guiding and reviewing outsourced art work
- Create and review exceptional assets within defined technical limitations. This includes but is not limited to – environments and prop models, characters, textures and materials
- Work with artists internal and external to ensure consistency between vision and implementation of art assets
- Supervise and mentor junior artists on the team
- Provide constructive feedback and guidance to other team members
- Effectively communicate ideas, concepts and concerns
- Explore new technologies and techniques to achieve best possible results
- Work within inter-disciplinary teams of artists, designers and engineers
- Demonstrate a desire to learn and grow professionally
- Actively participate in discussions, creative brainstorms, troubleshooting
- Contribute towards a positive and supportive company culture
We pride ourselves on having a diverse and inclusive workplace, as different perspectives and ideas will contribute to our long-term success.
We strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and other minority groups to apply.