Liquid Development was founded in 2000 and is the largest outsourcing art studio in North America. We offer a fun and cooperative work atmosphere, where collaboration is encouraged among a diversely talented team to remain on the cutting edge of content creation. Everyday Liquid Development is producing work at the forefront of modern game production and the demands for our services continue to grow. Our team has contributed to AAA titles within the Halo, Mass Effect, Borderlands, and Call of Duty franchises - Liquid Development is the team these titles turn to when they need the best.
Check Us Out On ArtStation:https://www.artstation.com/liquiddevelopment
Interested in joining our team? As future projects await, we're on the lookout for exceptional talent to consider for upcoming roles. Take the initiative by submitting your application, and let's explore the possibilities together as our team grows.
As our newest Lead Animator, you will develop and maintain pipelines and tools for rigging and skinning characters in Maya. You will work as a key member of our animation team creating high-quality rigs and developing animation pipelines.
Some of the cool stuff you'll be doing:
- Build, establish and improve the existing structure for a high end 3D animation team.
- Assist in the recruitment of new artists for a range of different animation projects.
- Estimate project requirements and build effective briefs for the animation team.
- Meet clients and clarify important points regarding projects whenever necessary.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure project requirements and deadlines are met.
- Maintain and participate in internal communications across the various departments within the company, collecting information and clarifying technical points.
- Assist other team members where necessary including the areas of animating/rigging/skinning and other animation related tasks.
- Research and implement new tools to improve the animation pipeline.
- An ability to stay helpful, polite and approachable at all times.
- Self motivated with a professional and proactive attitude.
- Able to both work independently with minimum supervision and as part of a larger team to solve problems and deliver consistent high quality.
- Attention to detail and constant need to deliver as top class product.
- Flexible and willing to take on different tasks as required.
What's in it for you?
If working on some of the biggest and best titles with some of the coolest people within the games industry isn't enough, we also offer:
- Work alongside dynamic individuals in the gaming industry
- Work within a company with upward career growth opportunities
- Work Fully Remote
- Full Time Employment Benefits for applicants located in US only include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
- Voluntary Long-term / Short-term Disability
- 401K w/ company match
- Salary RANGE $56,000 to $72,000
Experience & Requirements
- 3+ years of experience as an animator with experience in games and real-time.
- Experience as a lead animator seen as a big plus.
- Experience in creating both realistic and cartoony 3d animation for humanoids and creatures.
- Experience in creating animation cycles, combat animations for characters and props.
- Solid understanding of game animation requirements.
- Solid technical animation-related knowledge of Unity & Unreal engine (rigging/skinning/animation).
- Solid technical skills with Maya/3DSmax.
- Motion Builder, Facial rigging and Metahuman experience are all seen as a big plus.
This is a fully remote 3-6-month contract to hire position for applicants located in US only. If applicant wants to stay contract, that is possible as well.