Wizcorp is looking for Project Managers to help with the growth of its Game development team. Depending on your background, skills, experience, and resourcefulness, you may be the right person for the job. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency.
Is this job for me? 👨🦰👩🦳🧑🦲
You are organized, speak/write professionally in multiple languages, can think on your feet, and keep your cool under pressure. You can multitask, follow many email threads in different languages, and at the same time keep an eye on our internal messenger app and the client’s messenger app and follow the progress of the tasks assigned to our programmers and engineers You have an interest in games in general, and how they are made in particular.
Sounds like you? Then this job is for you!
About Wizcorp 🦄🇯🇵🎮
Wizcorp is a highly specialized game development studio based in Tokyo and operating 100% remotely. We are a cross-cultural team of passionate individuals working together toward one goal: bringing back magic to game development.
- We get better every day. Our technical abilities should never limit our ideas.
- We question the status quo. We don't accept yesterday's answers to tomorrow's challenges.
- We follow our moral compass. Our values guide our decisions.
- We surround ourselves with people who believe in our mission. Our staff, clients, and partners are all part of the equation.
- We learn and share. We want our successes and failures to contribute to the collective wisdom of our profession.
Wizcorp offers a friendly and honest working environment. Our work is challenging but rewarding, with countless personal and professional growth opportunities.
Typical day 🎮📆🕹️
First, you will have to go through your emails to follow any ongoing development on the projects you are managing. You'll then meet with the team, discuss ongoing tasks, and make sure our planning and projections are up to date. You might need to sit down with particular team members to clarify the challenges and bottleneck. You'll then help the team communicate with client counterparts over their preferred channel of communication.
Roles and Responsibilities 🛠️🧪✨
- Communicate professionally with partners and clients, in multiple languages and in a timely manner.
- Keep a cool head. The project manager is like an orchestra’s maestro: you set the tone and pace of work. You must be aware of how your other fellow human beings are performing to make sure they can keep producing great work under decent working conditions.
- Propose new ideas and/or processes to improve the work speed and reduce the time spent on repetitive tasks.
- Jira management: Create and assign tickets according to schedule, add relevant and clear feedback, and move and update tickets according to the latest developments.
- Confidently communicate with all members of the company and sister studios.
- Plan and schedule work for team members, follow up on progress, and raise awareness to other project managers and/or clients if there is any delay or blocker in the work.
- Receive files, organize, and share them according to the standards set by previous team members.
Application process 🈸⚙️😊
① Online selection
We review resumes from all applicants within 2 weeks. If your profile matches our requirements, we will contact you again to schedule the first interview.
We conduct three interviews to assess your character, passions, skills, and interest in what we do. We also take the time to share our vision and values, as we believe you are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We make our final decision within 2 weeks after the final interview, and send a detailed offer upon success.
Onboarding process 🈴🗼🌅
We strive to make the onboarding process as smooth and worry-free as possible.
Upon acceptance of our offer, you will receive our working agreement and our rules of employment.
Ideally, we want you to join us within a month, but we can adjust to your current work situation.
On your first day, your manager will introduce you to your team and will set a schedule for reviews over the 6 month probation period. We will give you all the support you need to complete it successfully.
At Wizcorp, we grow together.
Senior staff will support you and provide mentorship. You will also have access to digital learning material, and your manager will help you define a training curriculum based on your career aspirations.
You can learn more about our career philosophy here: https://www.wizcorp.jp/career
We all have different creative clocks, and you know yours better than we do.
We will expect you to work 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday with core hours between 11:00 and 16:00 (excluding a 1-hour break). The rest will be up to you.
Wizcorp fully embraces telework, and most of us work from home. Office space is also available for your convenience, and you will have access to meeting rooms and hot desks.
We may require you to work onsite in specific occasions when using highly specialized equipment.
Offices are located at 1 Chome-22-19 Izumi 8~9F, Suginami City, Tokyo 168-0063 (🗺 map)
You must reside in Japan during your employment at Wizcorp. We offer legal support for visa applications. Depending on your situation, we may allow you to work outside of Japan during your probation period.
All new staff members’ initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6 months probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.