Wizcorp is looking for a Talent Development Manager to support the ever going growth of its workforce. Depending on your background, skills, experience, and resourcefulness, you may be the right person for the job. We value human skills and character as much as we do experience and proficiency.
Is this job for me? 👨🦰👩🦳🧑🦲
You are organized, speak/write professionally in English and Japanese, understand the cultural differences that may occur in a multicultural working environment, can multitask, and genuinely care about your coworkers. You can harmonize the needs and desires of the staff with the business requirements of the company, and you have the desire to help others be better versions of themselves. You love games but you love the people who make them even more. Sounds like you? Then this job is for you!
About Wizcorp 🦄🇯🇵🎮
Wizcorp is a highly specialized game development studio based in Tokyo and operating 100% remotely. We are a cross-cultural team of passionate individuals working together toward one goal: bringing back magic to game development.
- We get better every day. Our technical abilities should never limit our ideas.
- We question the status quo. We don't accept yesterday's answers to tomorrow's challenges.
- We follow our moral compass. Our values guide our decisions.
- We surround ourselves with people who believe in our mission. Our staff, clients, and partners are all part of the equation.
- We learn and share. We want our successes and failures to contribute to the collective wisdom of our profession.
Wizcorp offers a friendly and honest working environment. Our work is challenging but rewarding, with countless personal and professional growth opportunities.
Typical day 🎮📆🕹️
You’ll start your day by going through your emails to follow any ongoing employee onboarding. You’ll catch up with talent acquisition specialists to follow up on the current state of candidate assessments and upcoming onboarding. Then, you’ll meet with staff members to assess their progression and discuss their challenges and how to overcome them while probing their satisfaction levels. Then you might have to work on any internal events you’ve set up to maintain the social link and sense of kinship in the company. Finally, you might have to research new learning material, curate the existing ones, or look into available certifications for the staff.
Roles and Responsibilities 🛠️🧪✨
- Lead the learning & development movement inside Wizcorp. Your role is to nurture a learning culture within the company. Your success is the success of others.
- Participate in staff performance evaluations and help them overcome growth challenges by providing feedback, learning material, and guidance.
- Embrace multitasking. You need to balance the employees' growth desires and career trajectories. You need to be aware of the sensibilities of each individual to make sure that they feel supported in their careers, and that they can work under the best circumstances.
- Propose and implement processes to improve the onboarding of new employees and to make sure that learning is at the core of work life.
- Diligently onboard new employees and conduct their probation period evaluations to ensure that any problem can be addressed as early as possible.
- Work in collaboration with, and leverage the experience of Keywords Studios counterparts, including the Head of Talent Acquisition, and offer support to the acquisition process.
- Continuously improve the training material and processes in the company. Keep track of staff progress, and create and maintain skillset sheets. You need to have visibility on what the company as a whole can deliver, and on which domains.
- Participate in the creation and planning of internal events that will maintain a social link between employees. You need to make sure that employees are engaged in Wizcorp so that they’re connected with what the company is doing.
- Work on maintaining a high satisfaction level through all the staff. One key metric of your position is the overall happiness of your peers.
- Confidently communicate with all members of the company and sister studios within the Keywords family.
Application process 🈸⚙️😊
① Online selection
We review resumes from all applicants within 2 weeks. If your profile matches our requirements, we will contact you again to schedule the first interview.
We conduct three interviews to assess your character, passions, skills, and interest in what we do. We also take the time to share our vision and values, as we believe you are interviewing us as much as we are interviewing you.
We make our final decision within 2 weeks after the final interview, and send a detailed offer upon success.
Onboarding process 🈴🗼🌅
We strive to make the onboarding process as smooth and worry-free as possible.
Upon acceptance of our offer, you will receive our working agreement and our rules of employment.
Ideally, we want you to join us within a month, but we can adjust to your current work situation.
On your first day, your manager will introduce you to your team and will set a schedule for reviews over the 6 month probation period. We will give you all the support you need to complete it successfully.
At Wizcorp, we grow together.
Senior staff will support you and provide mentorship. You will also have access to digital learning material, and your manager will help you define a training curriculum based on your career aspirations.
You can learn more about our career philosophy here: https://www.wizcorp.jp/career
We all have different creative clocks, and you know yours better than we do.
We will expect you to work 8 hours per day from Monday to Friday with core hours between 11:00 and 16:00 (excluding a 1-hour break). The rest will be up to you.
Wizcorp fully embraces telework, and most of us work from home. Office space is also available for your convenience, and you will have access to meeting rooms and hot desks.
We may require you to work onsite in specific occasions when using highly specialized equipment.
Offices are located at 1 Chome-22-19 Izumi 8~9F, Suginami City, Tokyo 168-0063 (🗺 map)
You must reside in Japan during your employment at Wizcorp. We offer legal support for visa applications. Depending on your situation, we may allow you to work outside of Japan during your probation period.
All new staff members’ initial salary will be based on experience and interview evaluation.
Includes a 6-month probation period. Salary is not affected nor changed during that period.