We are currently looking for freelance translators with proven and solid experience in subtitling for the TV and Movie industry from English into Simplified Chinese
Experience & Requirements
If you would like to pursue freelance translation opportunities with us, please send us your CV in English, providing detailed information regarding your subtitling experience.
Please make sure your CV shows us that you meet the following basic requirements:
- Executed high-quality translation and localization tasks in the entertainment industry, ensuring accuracy and cultural appropriateness.
- Native Simplified Chinese fluency
- Extensive knowledge of source language
- Proficient in subtitling localization QC, translation, and Metadata localization
- Specialized in subtitling with a deep understanding of nuances in translation, adhering to best practices for subtitles and dub audio creation.
- Familiarity with closed captioning and its technical challenges
- Confidence and experience with subtitle editing software (EZTitles, OOONA) and web/cloud technology
- Proficient in Computer-Assisted Translation (CAT) tools, such as SDL Trados, MemoQ, or similar platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage CAT tools for enhanced translation efficiency, consistency, and collaboration within a team.
- Great attention to detail, organization, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Multitasking capabilities in a fast-paced environment
Please understand that the signature of our No Disclosure Agreement is mandatory in order to start the entry process. We apologize in advance for not being able to reply to the candidates who do not meet the listed requirements.