To develop and manage the Technical QA (TQA) department and TQA Leads To coordinate processes and improvements for Technical Testing departments and offices; not limited to but including: Application and Network Performance Testing, PC & Mobile Compatibility QA, GDPR. To support, TQA Leads, Test Leads, and Testers performing Technical QA on projects. To manage the TQA team’s work in terms of workflow, prioritization, and assignment. To prepare financial TQA elements of projects relating to evaluation and quoting.
Scope of Role
The successful candidate will manage and develop the our Technical Services departments throughout Keywords and make sure that the TQA team in Montreal replies to and investigates queries, updates checklists to match the latest industry performance expectations and/or developer requirements and maintains Keywords’ knowledge base on industry trends, expectations and direction. The employee should have the skills and experience to train/mentor/answer/query/publish defects across all platforms/service lines. The candidate will also need to be able to help plan and evaluate TQA work for client evaluations and quotes. The key responsibilities may vary during peak business periods, absences or workload fluctuations, and support to management as required.
- Core TQA support for the whole Keywords group.
- Applying a coaching and process mentality to the department. Ensuring team’s performance, skills and professional growth are being actively developed and tracked.
- Collaborating with TQA Leads on training initiatives to serve new TQA Testers, Seniors and Leads.
- Collaborating with TQA Leads on ensuring their department processes are clearly documented; tracked and updated on a regular basis.
- Assess technical scope for new projects and prepare estimates and quotes for clients.
- Advise other Project Managers, Leads and clients on best practices and agree on project processes and timelines.
- Define Technical test strategy in accordance with project schedule and budget requirements.
- Plan testing activities in order to maximize the use of specific resources (either specialized staff or test equipment).
- Assign roles and coordinate workflow within the TQA team.
- Coordinate with the TQAM to determined software and hardware requirements for their teams, departments and client needs.
- In conjunction with the other Project Managers, manage staff planning and ensure the correct and most efficient assignment of staff is achieved at all times.
- Ensure TQA documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately for all technical service lines.
- Follow correct processes or clearly communicate on any necessary deviations.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain and communicate TQA Test Leads’ and Testers performance records, including providing feedback and mentoring on an ongoing basis.
- Adhere to and provide input into all KWS policies, processes and security.
- Oversee the Technical QA feedback and reporting processes.
- Work with the TQAM to drive department level, and service line goals.
- Ensure that client-facing technical QA service reports completed, review them and ensure that actions required as a result are put in place.
- Maintain, curate & publish service-line business reports.
- Liaison with other Technical services outside of purview.
- Liaise with hardware manufacturer partners; establish and nurture partnerships with hardware manufacturers.
- Ability to perform core Project Manager duties; managing client relationships and FQA project delivery.
- Any other task as deemed necessary by the employee’s line manager.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Relevant experience in a Project Management, Leadership, QA supervision, or similar role in the Video Games or related industry
- Relevant experience in Technical QA testing
- Core understanding of chipset architecture, graphics APIs, graphics rendering methods and hardware performance cost.
- Core understanding of underlying game systems and performance KPIs used within the industry.
- Core understanding of mobile architectures, mobile market trends and understanding of the mobile compatibility test approach.
- Core understanding of Razor CPU/GPU, PIX and other ancillary first party performance monitoring tools.
- Core understanding of the key common steps within the graphics rendering pipeline.
- Core understanding of common household network infrastructure vs enterprise infrastructure layouts.
- Must possess ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Ability to work with multiple offices across varying time zones to meet TQA support needs.
- Stakeholder, Client-facing and negotiation skills are a must.
- Ability to work effectively and decisively under pressure.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and multiple project types concurrently.
- Ability to effectively manage a team and act as a role model to team members.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to prepare, interpret, and effectively utilize management information reports.
- Ability to analyze problems, recommend and implement effective solutions to difficult and politically sensitive problems.
- Is a leader, capable of rallying teams to achieve common goals together and inspire success in others.
- Awareness of the bigger picture; considers the project, client, company, and team when making decisions.
- Actively approaches others for their ideas and suggestions.
- Resolves conflicts with tact and maturity.
- Provides team direction and clarity and timely, clear and actionable performance feedback.
- Demonstrates a keen eye for errors/inconsistencies in both their own and others contribution, highlighting or amending these as appropriate.
- Familiarity with Test Case Management and Bug Tracking and Reporting software.
- Experience with Test and Dev Tools across one or more console platforms.
- Intricate understanding of the SDLC.
- Understanding of QA and TQA testing processes.
- Basic understanding of software submission requirements and processes for consoles, pc, vr and other platforms.
- Recognizes the importance of accuracy within their role/team/department’s inputs/ outputs and takes steps to verify or implement this.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Advanced skills with MS Excel and basic programming.
- Experience with working in an international environment.
- 4+ years of Game industry experience
- 1st Party Game development support experience
- Formal Project Management techniques or training such as PMP
- Experience with Project Management tools such as MS Project
- Bilingual French and English
Our employees are our most valuable resource; therefore we provide them with a competitive compensation package commensurate with skills and experience, excellent benefits, high level of job satisfaction and a casual and fun work environment.
Keywords International is dedicated to following a well-established Equal Opportunities Policy. We endeavour to create a workplace which provides for equal opportunities for all employees and potential employees.
The masculine form is used throughout the text for ease of reading, but refers to both men and women.