Work Location: Redmond, WA, WFH due to Covid
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
We are looking for an experienced Gameplay Designer to support, develop, and tune vehicle dynamics and racing experiences for the next iteration of a AAA racing sim. As a Gameplay Designer, you will be working directly with a cross-discipline team and across multiple teams to support designing, building, tuning, and growing our racing experience.
The Gameplay Designer will utilize database and proprietary tools to tune vehicle performance and gameplay events to achieve our long-term goals. In addition to core design work, this individual will be responsible for supporting the vision of the game, presenting results and identifying areas for efficiency gains, and delivering results on time and at high quality using best practice methodology.
The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented, a strong problem-solver, a quick learner, organized, and efficient. The understanding of deep game mechanics, creative best practices, and the ability to implement work using multiple technical tools is essential for success.
- Drive the end-to-end process for designing vehicle dynamics and gameplay content at scale.
- Deliver final vehicle dynamics tuning and gameplay content.
- Design enhancements for technical, proprietary gameplay toolsets.
- Deliver game designs and events for a broad audience with diverse playstyles and motivations.
- Collaborate with stakeholders outside the immediate team including additional design teams, data analysts, release management, services, and community management.
Keywords provides a competitive compensation package, good benefits and a casual, fun, productive and supportive working environment. We empower people to perform to the best of their ability with our “can do” attitude. We appreciate and embrace flexibility and learn at every opportunity to grow ourselves through experience, training and tackling new challenges. This is what makes us Keywordians.
- 1+ years of experience as a designer on a game development team
- In depth knowledge about cars and know how to gather data quickly and accurately
- Fluency with racing/driving gameplay features and programs
- Experience with an ability to learn proprietary physics toolsets
- Ability to run a basic SQL query is a plus.
Preferred Skills and experience:
- Shipped at least one title with a designer credit
- Console and AAA+ titles are desirable
- Experience with cars and automotive culture
- Understanding of gaming culture and what makes a high-quality game.
At KeyWords we provide all our workforce with:
- Paid Time Off (including sick days and holidays)
- 401k (3% matching)
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits